ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should I neutralise to British citizens now?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Stawberrys
Newly Registered

Should I neutralise to British citizens now?

Post by Stawberrys » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:17 pm

Advice needed please.
I have my permanent resident and my husband is non eu. He just received his 5 years UK residents card as a direct family member of eea.

Can i neutralise to British citizens now without affecting his residence right. As I read from other post that British is not allow dual citizenship for immgation purpose , is that true that cannot sponsored my husband anymore? But he has his rc already.

SINCE the British is leaving eu. I wonder is become British is the safer way for me and my husband. Thanks for your help

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Should I neutralise to British citizens now?

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:21 pm

I believe you mean naturalise. If you take British citizenship you can no longer be your husband's sponsor in the UK and he will lose his right of residence.
You should wait until he has PR.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.