ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

1 year re-entry ban to UK, please help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

paulina616
Newly Registered

1 year re-entry ban to UK, please help

Post by paulina616 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:45 pm

Hello,
I am looking for someone to help me.I have contacted already a few solicitors but they do say the different things. Please if any one of you would be able to answer my questions, I will really appreciate. Me and my boyfriend wanted to get married recently. He is from India and was in UK as a student. His visa was expiring at the end of May. We both gave the notice of marriage on April and was invited for a marriage interview, Unfortunately on the interview they said that my boyfriend overstayed in UK as his course was finished at the end of January and that our marriage is a sham. they took him to detention centre. He was there for around two weeks. We had our solicitor and she was helping us to take him out, however we both decided that better thing for him is to go back. My boyfriend volunteered and paid for his own ticket, they said to him that he should not have a ban. As he is gone now, we both wondering is he has got a 1 year ban or not ? is it possible that they would give him a ban without informing him or without giving him any confirmation letter? Is it possible to check that with home office, and how to do it ? another question is, what if he has a ban and we will get married and he would like to come back to UK ? will that gonna have any impact on that if he would be my husband ? ( I am a polish national).
please if any one of you could ask this questions, thanks a lot

vinny

Re: 1 year re-entry ban to UK, please help

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:44 am

A one year ban is not applicable to EEA family permit applications. However, a non-EEA family member may be refused on grounds of public policy, public security or public health. But first, you may have convince them that your marriage is not one of convenience.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

paulina616
Newly Registered

EEA FAMILY PERMIT CAN I STILL APPLY?

Post by paulina616 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:51 pm

HELLO,
I WAS WONDERING AFTER WHEN THE UK IS GOING OUT OF EU IS IT STILL POSSIBLE TO APPLY FOR EEA FAMILY PERMIT ? ARE THEY GOING TO BE ANY CHANGES REGARDING APPLICATION? ME AND MY BOYFRIEN ARE GETTING MARRIED NEXT MONTH. HE IS FROM INDIA, I AM POLISH NATIONAL(LIVING FOR 2 YEARS IN UK). WE WANTED TO APPLY FOR EEA FAMILY PERMIT FOR HIM AT THE BEGINNING OF AUGUST. IS IT STILL POSSIBLE TO DO THAT AS UK WONT REMAIN IN EU ? WILL THEY ACCEPT APPLICATION OR NOT ?PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN ANSWER I WILL APPRECIATE IF SOME ONE KNOWS ANYTHING, THANKS

zsolt123
Newly Registered

Re: EEA FAMILY PERMIT CAN I STILL APPLY?

Post by zsolt123 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:54 pm

Yes Possible. Until they officially announce new UK immigration law. He can apply from India.