ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residency and Naturalisation

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

galatie

Permanent Residency and Naturalisation

Post by galatie » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:14 pm

Hi,

My husband (who is Belgian) first entered the UK in October 2010 to work, and has been here continuously since, is in good standing, etc.

We have applied for his permanent residency last month and am still awaiting results.

I wanted to know what was the earliest date for him to apply for naturalisation? Is it 12 months from you receive the actual card itself?

Thank you!

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Permanent Residency and Naturalisation

Post by ohara » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:18 pm

If you are a British citizen, he can apply immediately when he gets his DCPR.

If you are not a British citizen, he needs to wait 12 months from the date HO deem him to have acquired PR (presumably this will be October 2015).

galatie

Re: Permanent Residency and Naturalisation

Post by galatie » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:03 pm

Thank you, Ohara.

Yes, he entered the UK in October 2010 and has been living and working here continuously.

I am American, so presume he can apply for naturalisation in October 2016 (presuming that the HO deem him to have acquired 5 years of PR starting from when he first entered).