ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Considering both earnings

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

softmind82

Considering both earnings

Post by softmind82 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:30 am

My wise dependent visa extension coming in soon and need advice regarding the preparation.

I am working fulltime and due to some personal reason i took 3 months off from the work back in august/sep/oct and total earnings will be around 15k with employment and as per rule need to show £18600.

I got one freelance IT project of 6k for various jobs and that will be paid in July. wondering how can i show these earnings because they are not paying me in bank transfer or cheque but in cash.

What proof i can show to home office as i will get in cash payment and do i have to show freelance work income statement from the accountant ?

I have registered with HMRC recently for self employed earnings.

Please advice.

Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: Considering both earnings

Post by Obie » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:03 pm

If at the time of the application or the 12 months leading to it, you earned 18.6 K, then you will be fine.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:40 pm

When you apply under CAT A you need to show the earning of last 6 Months. Whats your earnings in last 6 months and you are in salaried or non salaried employment?

softmind82

Post by softmind82 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:59 pm

ILR1980 wrote:When you apply under CAT A you need to show the earning of last 6 Months. Whats your earnings in last 6 months and you are in salaried or non salaried employment?

I'm salaried employment and if I calculate from September 2015 - September 2016 that will be 15k and still short of my emplacement salary and as mentioned I will show my cash in hand jobs also which will be paid next month.

What is cat A please all I know is to apply as spouse family visa cat.

Please advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:31 pm

Do you get payslips and pay tax on your 'cash in hand' earning? Do you deposit this into your bank account?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

softmind82

Post by softmind82 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:25 am

CR001 wrote:Do you get payslips and pay tax on your 'cash in hand' earning? Do you deposit this into your bank account?

My first cash in hand payment will be paid in July without payslip and I will deposit into my bank myself and declare it to the hrmc for tax.

Secondly from my employer I get paid straight in to my bank and get pay slip and tax is deducted by them.

Hope it's clear.

Please advice.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:10 am

Why won't you get a payslip for your cash in hand job? Are you doing this as 'self employed' or what? What job is it exactly?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:40 am

softmind82 wrote:
ILR1980 wrote:When you apply under CAT A you need to show the earning of last 6 Months. Whats your earnings in last 6 months and you are in salaried or non salaried employment?

I'm salaried employment and if I calculate from September 2015 - September 2016 that will be 15k and still short of my emplacement salary and as mentioned I will show my cash in hand jobs also which will be paid next month.

Please advice
When are you actually submitting your application? You only need to show the last 6 months earnings for the job. So If you're applying at the end of June, you need Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr/May/Jun payslips. If the gross amount on your payslips £1550 (for all 6 months) and you are in salaried employment as you said, then the annual gross would be calculated as £18,600.
Pakistan Spouse Visa Application
Online Application: 01/08/16
Biometrics: 09/08/16, Islamabad
Supporting docs sent to Sheffield: 09/08/16
Supporting docs received back: 12/08/16
Collection: 02/11/16
Visa granted alhamdulillah!

softmind82

Post by softmind82 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:15 am

CR001 wrote:Why won't you get a payslip for your cash in hand job? Are you doing this as 'self employed' or what? What job is it exactly?
How would i show cash in hand as payslip because this is from self employed work.

Please guide

softmind82

Post by softmind82 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:16 am

rukhsarmanzoor wrote:
softmind82 wrote:

Please advice
When are you actually submitting your application? You only need to show the last 6 months earnings for the job. So If you're applying at the end of June, you need Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr/May/Jun payslips. If the gross amount on your payslips £1550 (for all 6 months) and you are in salaried employment as you said, then the annual gross would be calculated as £18,600.
HI Rukhsar

I have calculated the payslip from september 2015 - september 2016 estimate... applying in october.

Thanks

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:59 am

I have calculated the payslip from september 2015 - september 2016 estimate... applying in october.

Thanks
Why 12 months? You only need 6... April 2016-September 2016. If they are all £1550, you're earning enough from your salaried income

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:06 am

You mention self-employed earnings. Do you issue your clients with invoices, are you registered with HMRC as self-employed? It's unlikely that you can include these payments in your calculation.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

softmind82

Post by softmind82 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:36 am

Casa wrote:You mention self-employed earnings. Do you issue your clients with invoices, are you registered with HMRC as self-employed? It's unlikely that you can include these payments in your calculation.

Yes i have registered with HRMC and will declare the money from self employment and he will issue me cash payment invoice.

Can i combine self employed payment with my salary payments ?

Secondly above poster said i need to show for 6 month earningsas £18600, as far as i was aware it has to be 1 year earnings as £18600. Its confusing me now.

Please advice.

softmind82

Post by softmind82 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:38 am

softmind82 wrote:
Casa wrote:You mention self-employed earnings. Do you issue your clients with invoices, are you registered with HMRC as self-employed? It's unlikely that you can include these payments in your calculation.

Yes i have registered with HRMC and will declare the money from self employment and he will issue me cash payment invoice.

Can i combine self employed payment with my salary payments ?

Secondly above poster said i need to show for 6 month earnings as £18600, as far as i am aware it has to be 1 year earnings as £18600. Its confusing me now.

Please advice.

softmind82

Post by softmind82 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:04 am

Some one please advice the above.

thanks

strontiumdog74

Post by strontiumdog74 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:29 am

You need to show that you effectively earn the threshold on an annual basis.

This however is done by providing payslips and banks statements for the last 6 months.

So you need to show that over the 6 months prior to the application that you earnt a total of 9300. In other words the lowest monthly salary you received was a minimum of 1550. You provide payslips to show that you achieve the threshold but as a salaried employee you take the lowest monthly pay in the last 6 months and multiply that by 12.

You DO NOT need to provide pay slips for the last 12 months, especially if this will show you earn under the limit.

The period that you took your time off work is outside the 6 month period so it will be no issue.

softmind82

Post by softmind82 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:13 pm

strontiumdog74 wrote:You need to show that you effectively earn the threshold on an annual basis.

This however is done by providing payslips and banks statements for the last 6 months.

So you need to show that over the 6 months prior to the application that you earnt a total of 9300. In other words the lowest monthly salary you received was a minimum of 1550. You provide payslips to show that you achieve the threshold but as a salaried employee you take the lowest monthly pay in the last 6 months and multiply that by 12.

You DO NOT need to provide pay slips for the last 12 months, especially if this will show you earn under the limit.

The period that you took your time off work is outside the 6 month period so it will be no issue.
Please clarify the confusion and be patience with me please.

As mentioned above do i need to show 6 months payslip and bank statement prior to the application.

I am applying October 2016 so in that case i need to show them the September, august, july , june, may and April payslips for earnings ? I have calculated and i am short of £9300 six months earnings. My earnings are calculated around £8000 Approximately until i submit my application.

As i mention i am also receiving other cash amount of £5k this month which i have done some work as a cash in hand and would be putting in the bank !!! how can i justify these amounts so at least i fulfill the earnings requirement. Already registered with the HRMC as self employed for these extra income.

Why i don't have to show 12 months statement and payslips ?

Please advice.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:17 am

softmind82 wrote:

Please advice
You are simply confusing yourself and others as you dont know how to calculate gross annual salary in salaried employment. Forget last 12 months if applying under CAT A

Just simply mention your last 6 months salary in here . Let us see/calculate whether you meet the requirement before adding self employment with it

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:31 pm

softmind82 wrote:
strontiumdog74 wrote:You need to show that you effectively earn the threshold on an annual basis.

Please clarify the confusion and be patience with me please.

As mentioned above do i need to show 6 months payslip and bank statement prior to the application.

I am applying October 2016 so in that case i need to show them the September, august, july , june, may and April payslips for earnings ? I have calculated and i am short of £9300 six months earnings. My earnings are calculated around £8000 Approximately until i submit my application.

As i mention i am also receiving other cash amount of £5k this month which i have done some work as a cash in hand and would be putting in the bank !!! how can i justify these amounts so at least i fulfill the earnings requirement. Already registered with the HRMC as self employed for these extra income.

Why i don't have to show 12 months statement and payslips ?

Please advice.

Hope your confusion is cleared now.

You need to have been in your salaried job for AT LEAST 6 months - from what you have told us, this is the case. As long as for each of the 6 months right before you apply your payslips state the gross monthly salary is no less than £1550 from that one salaried employment - you will be fine.

You don't need to use your income from the freelance job to show that you're earning enough - simply because what you earn from your Category A (salaried job) is enough to meet the earnings.

Your employer letter will detail how long you've had the job. Don't confuse yourself anymore, you only need to show payslips and corresponding bank statements for the 6 months before applying.

softmind82

Post by softmind82 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:32 am

Hope your confusion is cleared now.

You need to have been in your salaried job for AT LEAST 6 months - from what you have told us, this is the case. As long as for each of the 6 months right before you apply your payslips state the gross monthly salary is no less than £1550 from that one salaried employment - you will be fine.

You don't need to use your income from the freelance job to show that you're earning enough - simply because what you earn from your Category A (salaried job) is enough to meet the earnings.

Your employer letter will detail how long you've had the job. Don't confuse yourself anymore, you only need to show payslips and corresponding bank statements for the 6 months before applying.
Thanks for your message really appreciate that.

I think every body got it wrong or i missed something.

Well 15k i mentioned was referring to yearly estimate figure from October 2015 to October 2016 at the time of applying visa. My earnings fluctuate each month.

As per estimate in October at the time of application my 6 months salary earnings will be around £8000 so that is why i wanted to combine my self employed cash in hand earnings.

Could you please advice and i really apologies for the confusion.

Thanks

softmind82

Post by softmind82 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:22 am

anyone please reply the above.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:00 am

See also also Appendix FM-SE.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.