ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can a last minute address change delay the approval letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wasim_n

Can a last minute address change delay the approval letter

Post by wasim_n » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:31 pm

Hi All

I have applied for JCAP along with my family on 16th March thru NCS Enfield, on 29th May I changed my address and notified UKVI, for some reason still waiting for my approval letter. I have seen many who applied on the same day or after me and have obtained their approval letters this has caused a bit of anxiety in me and am worried. During the process of my application in mid-May I had applied for a visit visa for my family member which was approved within 10 days, and also when I notified the passport office of my change of address on 8th June I received a confirmation the address had been updated and I should hear about my passport on or before 29th June. With all this positive hints I am inclined to believe either my approval letter is lost in transit or due to last minute change of address UKVI may have to reprocess the citizenship certificate with the new council. I am currently in guess mode and thinking from all angles, would appreciate if someone could shed some light.

My 6 months redirection is already in place and also I did receive confirmation email from UKVI when I changed my address. I know the people living at my old address and they are very kind to always inform and redirect to me any posts they have received since I have moved.

I have already emailed UKVI querying them if any letters have been sent out to me, still waiting for them to come back. I called passport office and spoke to the case worker who said they are waiting on my ceremony confirmation to process the dispatching of our passports.

My case is very straight forward, I am employed through out and taxes have been paid on time. No other issues or complications.

My timeline is below.

Applied for self,wife and 2 children 3(1)
Eligibility criteria: 5 Years Tier -1 +1 year on ILR
Language criteria met: life in uk + previously satisfied English language requirement when applied for ILR (PBS Print out) + masters degree
Nationality: Pakistan
Method of application: NCS Enfield (AN+PASSPORT )JCAP
Date of application: 16/03/2016
Payment method: CREDIT CARD
Date of receipt by UKBA:17-03-2016 (Council confirmation)
Date of acknowledgement: Received letter on 15-04-2016
Date money gone off account:15-04-2016
Date of letter requesting biometrics: Received letter on 15-04-2016
Biometrics done:23/04/2016
Date of approval:TBC
Date of ceremony:
Date applied for passports: 16/03/2016
Date money deducted for p/port: 20/04/2016
Date passports received:

Thank you.

Wasim

ali45

Re: Can a last minute address change delay the approval lett

Post by ali45 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:05 pm

Hi wasim
I am also in the same boat with u please keep in touch i Applied on 14th March and also change address after month time dnt know whats going on how to find out what is really happened.very dipressed.
wasim_n wrote:Hi All

I have applied for JCAP along with my family on 16th March thru NCS Enfield, on 29th May I changed my address and notified UKVI, for some reason still waiting for my approval letter. I have seen many who applied on the same day or after me and have obtained their approval letters this has caused a bit of anxiety in me and am worried. During the process of my application in mid-May I had applied for a visit visa for my family member which was approved within 10 days, and also when I notified the passport office of my change of address on 8th June I received a confirmation the address had been updated and I should hear about my passport on or before 29th June. With all this positive hints I am inclined to believe either my approval letter is lost in transit or due to last minute change of address UKVI may have to reprocess the citizenship certificate with the new council. I am currently in guess mode and thinking from all angles, would appreciate if someone could shed some light.

My 6 months redirection is already in place and also I did receive confirmation email from UKVI when I changed my address. I know the people living at my old address and they are very kind to always inform and redirect to me any posts they have received since I have moved.

I have already emailed UKVI querying them if any letters have been sent out to me, still waiting for them to come back. I called passport office and spoke to the case worker who said they are waiting on my ceremony confirmation to process the dispatching of our passports.

My case is very straight forward, I am employed through out and taxes have been paid on time. No other issues or complications.

My timeline is below.

Applied for self,wife and 2 children 3(1)
Eligibility criteria: 5 Years Tier -1 +1 year on ILR
Language criteria met: life in uk + previously satisfied English language requirement when applied for ILR (PBS Print out) + masters degree
Nationality: Pakistan
Method of application: NCS Enfield (AN+PASSPORT )JCAP
Date of application: 16/03/2016
Payment method: CREDIT CARD
Date of receipt by UKBA:17-03-2016 (Council confirmation)
Date of acknowledgement: Received letter on 15-04-2016
Date money gone off account:15-04-2016
Date of letter requesting biometrics: Received letter on 15-04-2016
Biometrics done:23/04/2016
Date of approval:TBC
Date of ceremony:
Date applied for passports: 16/03/2016
Date money deducted for p/port: 20/04/2016
Date passports received:

Thank you.

Wasim

wasim_n

Post by wasim_n » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:32 pm

It is very frustrating, fingers crossed lets see when the reply.
Lets be in touch and if you get an update or a way of getting in touch with UKVI please let me know. Inshaallah hope for the best.

ali45

Post by ali45 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:32 pm

Wasim brother how u get in touch with UKVI have to got email or telephone numb that i could contact them and i didn't informed the passport office about my change of address yet i was thinking that it will be updated automatically.In shaa Allah we all get it very soon.i will be in touch with u and if u get any news please let me know or Pm me Jazakallah .
Lets be in touch and if you get an update or a way of getting in touch with UKVI please let me know. Inshaallah hope for the best.[/quote]

wasim_n

Post by wasim_n » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:37 am

Any suggestions, anyone ???