ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LONG RESIDENCE ILR - under new tier based system?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zeddie

LONG RESIDENCE ILR - under new tier based system?

Post by zeddie » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:16 pm

Hi

I was hoping someone can help as I am quite confused at the moment with this new tier based system thats due out in march. I have been in the UK legally both as a student and now as a WP holder since sep 1999. I am tryign to go for ILR through the 10 yr long stay rule which means I should be able to apply for ILR on sep 2009 right?

But.. now I hear about this new tier based system and read about it on the BIA website. No where does it mention anything about the 10 yr long stay rule. Do you know if this rule will still remain when the tier bases sytem comes out or am I doomed?! o_O I am currently on a WP which expires in 2013, but im quite eager to change jobs once i obtain my ILR on the 10 yr rule (ILR makes it a LOT easier to look and apply for jobs)

Pls someone, anyone with some info reply to me!! Im quite worried now :/

Many thanks

Zed

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:07 pm

anyone any ideas? :/

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:04 pm

No. 10 year long res is not within the scheme, so no one knows of any changes.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!