ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport expiring

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stitcher

passport expiring

Post by stitcher » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:34 am

my HSMP visa starts from the 1st of feb 2005 but my passport is expiring 04-11-2007 .. I cannot reissue a passport unless it is expiring within 6 months .. i am wondering after the first year how will the home office issue me a 3 year extension ??

please suggest
- Stitcher

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:08 pm

That's interesting case...
I faced a similar situation. My wife was issued with a 15 years VISA (2004-2019) for India, but her passposrt expires in 2011, so the Registration Authorities endorsed the VISA to be valid till 2011 and told us to come back with new passort after that date and then they will renew the Registration.
But the VISA issueing authority (the Department of Home) didn't consider the Passport validity date and issued VISA well beoynd the expiry of passport.

In case of UK since we don't need to register for HSMP visa (for CW citizens), the HO is the sole authority to consider the passport validity date. So i think they will consider this and may extednd your VISA till the validity of ur passport and you may need to get it extended further once u have new passport.

Just a hint... i'm not aware of actual procedure UK HO follows..

bani

Post by bani » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:38 pm

I think as long as the passport is valid for >6 months at the time of application, they will put the FLR stamp for 3 years. Then when you get the new passport, you will need to bring that and the expired one to show the FLR when you travel overseas. This is what my friend does, he travels with 2 passports. His work permit is on an expired passport - WP valid until 2008, but the passport expired in 2004.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:08 pm

When travelling the immigration officer will move the sticker from the old to the new passport. Some members have reported that they no longer do it. You can ofcourse go to any of the Public Enquiry offices and have your sticker moved to the new passport. Fora limited leave to remain sticker, I think there is no charge.

Alagomeji

Post by Alagomeji » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:44 pm

My passport expired last december, yet I still have visas on it lasting until later this year. I have simply stapled both passports together. I travelled to france last week, and it wasn't a problem at all.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, BUT UNBOWED

INVICTUS ; William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903