ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Want to apply for Romanian Citizenship

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Fred1969
Newly Registered

Want to apply for Romanian Citizenship

Post by Fred1969 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:17 am

Due to recent Brexit result, I would like to apply for Romanian Citizenship, through my wife being Romanian. We both live in the UK. Can I apply if I am a non-resident in Romania? I understand that I need to take a written/ cultural test in the Romanian language.

Many thanks for your thoughts and advice, Fred

emmasu
Newly Registered

Re: Want to apply for Romanian Citizenship

Post by emmasu » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:59 am

Unfortunately, you cant apply for a Romanian citizenship. With Romanian citizenship, you have to be residing in Romania for 5 years and together with ur spouse. YOU shouldnt be outside of Romania for more than 6 months at one time and not more than 10 months in total. But since you are an EU citizen, u can get it for half the time, 2 years and a half. But u still have to be residing in Romania. Also u need to know the Romanian language and as well you will have to do a cultural test.