ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist Visit Visa refused - Country Ties

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gkt
Newly Registered

Tourist Visit Visa refused - Country Ties

Post by gkt » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:28 pm

Dear all,

I am hoping to have some good advise and direction on here.

My sister was studying at a University in Zambia which is affiliated to a University in the UK. She has now completed and is due for graduation.

She applied for a tourist visa to attend her graduation this July. She works, but has no property (apart from x 2 cars), has no child and she is single. She did provide her bank statements and payslips with letter from the employer. However, We have other sisters and brothers that live in Zambia, can they be ties as well?

I and my husband (here in UK) wrote a cover letter, provided my and his payslips and bank statements.

Unfortunately her visa application on 2 reasons.

1. You have failed to show any ties in your own country that would encourage you to leave at the end of your visit
2. You have not showed the origin of your credits on the bank statements (bare in mind that she did provide payslips which i think were not spotted).

Any guidance towards ties she can show?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Tourist Visit Visa refused - Country Ties

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:37 pm

Why would a Zambian University have the graduation ceremony in the UK? I'm not sure a affiliation to a UK one would carry any weight if she's never studied here.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

gkt
Newly Registered

Re: Tourist Visit Visa refused - Country Ties

Post by gkt » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:43 pm

Wanderer wrote:Why would a Zambian University have the graduation ceremony in the UK? I'm not sure a affiliation to a UK one would carry any weight if she's never studied here.
Because it is affiliated to this university, e.g. city and guilds awarding body has colleges affiliated to it in Zambia, once completed then they award certificates from the UK. But in this case it is since it is a University affiliated to a UK one, graduation ceremonies are organised and done from here.