ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk spouse visa - application documentation destination?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

darthraki

uk spouse visa - application documentation destination?

Post by darthraki » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:04 pm

Hi All,

I will be applying for spouse visa for my wife in india mid july.

I have all the paperwork ready.

My question is - as I will be applying as HER on the visa4uk website and she will be printing the application on her end and submitting it in delhi...

1. Will i have to post all my documentation to her?
2. DO i have to send my original passport/driving licence or can i send all the photocopies that will be certified?
3. How long till i get all my paperwork back as I have my stag at the end of September & I travel to India in mid October?

Would be great help.

Thank you

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: uk spouse visa - application documentation destination?

Post by ILR1980 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:16 am

darthraki wrote:Hi All,

My question is - as I will be applying as HER on the visa4uk website and she will be printing the application on her end and submitting it in delhi...

2. DO i have to send my original passport/driving licence or can i send all the photocopies that will be certified?
3. How long till i get all my paperwork back as I have my stag at the end of September & I travel to India in mid October?

Would be great help.

Thank you
You can find all relevant information in link below. Certified copy of sponsor documents(passports, visa etc) are enough so you dont need to send your original passport and BRP and still can travel

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/India/how_to_apply.html

darthraki

Re: uk spouse visa - application documentation destination?

Post by darthraki » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:34 pm

ILR1980 wrote:
darthraki wrote:Hi All,

Hi.

just to clear up.

AS I'm the sponsor SHE is the Applicant...

I will be sending all my documentation to her via parcel delivery so she can submit all paperwork.

I can't send my original passport, driving licence, oci card etc - so i've made photocopies and will be getting them certified by a lawyer in the next few weeks...this is ok?

Would be great help.

Thank you
You can find all relevant information in link below. Certified copy of sponsor documents(passports, visa etc) are enough so you dont need to send your original passport and BRP and still can travel

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/India/how_to_apply.html