ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics letter - Very later or not coming?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aussie80
Newly Registered

Biometrics letter - Very later or not coming?

Post by Aussie80 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:58 pm

I am Australian and have a straightforward application.

My fee was taken on the 1st June. I don't expect an acknowledgement but I am worried it is taking this long to receive my biometrics letter. Yesterday on the 25/6/16 I did not receive this letter.

Others on the timeline have received a few days after the fee is taken. Also I noticed a couple of people didn't get the first letter and only the second warning them to do it within a further given time.
I have rung twice and they said they cant tell me where it is up to but if I haven't received in in two weeks time to call back.

From personal experience or reading the forums, can someone advise if it takes longer than a month to receive the letter if it's not missing in post?
Thank you

jehan

Re: Biometrics letter - Very later or not coming?

Post by jehan » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:31 pm

Home Office use 2nd class post so possibility is that it should be under way also they take 4 to 6 weeks for send bio matric letter. According to time line they have been sending with together with fee and biometric request ,I will suggest you Waite week or 2 then you can call them and ask them about it . I am agreed with you it's little late but Home Office again take big fee but use very bad service which is 2nd class what can say to them any way hope you will receive shortly.

ozpoppy2
Newly Registered

Re: Biometrics letter - Very later or not coming?

Post by ozpoppy2 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:38 am

I received my biometric letter basically 4 weeks to the day that my fee was taken. I'm also located in Australia. I would suggest waiting until it reaches 5 weeks.

(I was username ozpoppy. I forgot my password and stupidly used a 'throwaway' email address to register so can't retrieve it)