ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

non-EEA spouse - short stay visa. Apply at entry?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kthomsen
Newly Registered

non-EEA spouse - short stay visa. Apply at entry?

Post by kthomsen » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:11 am

Hi everyone,

This forum have already helped me a lot, but when looking around in old threads (2009...) I find some interesting informations.

I am a Danish citizen, and my wife is a non-EEA citizen. We are planning to move to Ireland together.
As far as I know, so far, we have to apply for a short stay visa for her, and then after that the Residence Card (EU1 Form) while she is in Ireland with me.

But so far, all I've known is that she has to apply for the short stay visa before we leave. But I found a thread from 2009 saying that since I am a EU citizen, and I can use the EU Treaty Right (Freedom of movement?), we can just show up together in the airport, show our passports and marriage certificate and then we should be free to enter Ireland? Is that really the case? Is it "that easy"?

Hopefully someone can enlighten me with some 2016 knowledge, since I don't trust 7 year old EU immigration laws. :P

Thanks!

mgb

Re: non-EEA spouse - short stay visa. Apply at entry?

Post by mgb » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:36 pm

I don't think a airline would let boarding your wife without a valid visa.

noajthan

Re: non-EEA spouse - short stay visa. Apply at entry?

Post by noajthan » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:46 pm

Does wife have an Article 10 residence card from anywhere?

See also:
https://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/0 ... to-travel/
- your mileage may vary.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.