ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS for Babies

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dali83

IHS for Babies

Post by Dali83 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:56 am

Hi all,

Can anyone confirm if my daughter has to pay the health surcharge for her visa extension please? I heard different answer from different sources. I am a bit confused!

Thank you for your help.

Dali

bsc2007
India

Re: IHS for Babies

Post by bsc2007 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:31 am

Hi all,

I have the same question.

My baby was born in India in May this year - and we didnt have to pay any health surcharge.

However, now that I am completing my application - it says I will have to pay £500 for myself, £500 for my wife and £500 for my 4 months old daughter!

My wife and I havent paid the health surcharge before - as we applied for Tier 2 before the IHS fee was introduced. It is sad that we have to pay too..

Can someone clarify please?

Kind regards,
Bhushan

Dorkey

Post by Dorkey » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:14 am

What is your child's current immigration status?

All applicants applying for leave to remain/enter the UK must pay the IHS surcharge regardless of if its an extension.

bsc2007
India

Post by bsc2007 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:52 pm

Dorkey wrote: All applicants applying for leave to remain/enter the UK must pay the IHS surcharge regardless of if its an extension.
Yes, that's true. I have already paid for IHS.

Many thanks,
B