ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal tax deception

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adeelishaq786
United Kingdom

Refusal tax deception

Post by adeelishaq786 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:59 pm

Hi Guys,
I prepare my application myself and was confident that it'll be done quickly but sadly it turned totally other way around which i never expected. As i started to do contracting and got my own limited company and been paying taxes every year. Refusal is on my initial Tier 1 application i showed £9312 as self employed and rest £28k was earned over Paye, i didnt pay tax straight way, and after 2 years went for my extension which was granted later (i know most of you would be saying am making excuses) but i literally forgot about it even today when it took 8/9 hours wait for my application after around 6 hours when alarms were ringing in my head i realised i didn't pay that and it could be that and yes it turned up that tax which wasn't paid.

They saying i've tried to deceive and even the small form they gave me to fill in i didn't select 2010/11 as self employed i only selected 2013/2014 as that is what i remembered.

"Your application for indefinite leave to remain in UK as a tier 1 general migrant is therefore refused under para 245CD as you have failed to meet requirements of paragraph 245cd (b) (e) and (g) with refrence to para 322 (5) of immigration rules, and my leave to remain as tier 1 has expired on 21st of June, all they gave me back is a refual letter and kept all documents i g ave them and our passports.

I have 2 x daughter born in uk one is going to be 7 and other 1 year old, i got a house owned in uk and been paying all the taxes only one i missed out honestly or forgot was for only 9k. I have been going through other threads people raised sadly no one has any success stories or resolution, am quite confused what to do. Me and wife applied for ILR as was looking to get my kids Passports straight way once we get ILR.

I went under 5 years route, my 10 years completes in september. Any suggestions please? any one who has already got advise off solicitors please share what you guys doing if possible?

Thanks

longhorn

Re: Refusal tax deception

Post by longhorn » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:57 pm

Which PEO did you go to?
What did you show for your last 12 months ? (I.e. salaried or still self-employed or a mix of both ?)

Let’s see what the more senior people say on this but in my personal view, the best course of action for you is to rectify your mistake by applying to amend your accounts and then apply for JR. I believe you will have to apply and exhaust your AR option (if given by HO) before you apply for JR. you will have to provide a strong reason why they should consider this as a genuine mistake and not a deliberate act of tax evasion.

outhector
Newly Registered

Post by outhector » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:52 pm

what peo did you go please

adeelishaq786
United Kingdom

Post by adeelishaq786 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:05 pm

hi
went to croydon, but think it wont make a difference what PEO we go in, as all of them would check for these details?
I've provided below related accounts:

1. accounts for the period i claimed for
2. dividends
3. invoices
4. payslips
5. last contract i was doing with a company
6. last year accounts and tax paid receipt
7. personal and business account statements
8. accountant letters and other accounts summary etc.

I've met and spoken to few people been told that they are doing t his even for people who applying under 10 years lond residence. Met a solicitor today as well for a legal advise, he said there is nothing to worry on legal grounds, so fingers crossed. Going to do AR and then if t hey give me appeal option good else going for JR.

outhector
Newly Registered

Post by outhector » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:21 am

Good luck to you bro

RRSB2012

Post by RRSB2012 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:57 am

Scrutiny for tax records would be same either you apply via Tier 1 route or you apply via 10 years LR route.

Way forward would be to rectify the taxes and go for a JR ...... that seems like the only option.

Best of Luck.
R

zidane

Post by zidane » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:13 am

jr should be a better option ,,

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:19 am

zidane wrote:jr should be a better option ,,
I agree, but you will need a better defence than forgetting to pay your tax. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

adeelishaq786
United Kingdom

Post by adeelishaq786 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:24 am

Hi,
yup i have applied for accounts to be reviewed the tax for that year was only £1800, sending to HMRC tomorrow lets see how much Fine/Penalty they'll impose. As i've given my case to solicitor he s aid he'll do AR which 99% would be refused, and in return they either will give a c hance for appeal, if not we'll go for JR.
Its just upsetting, it was only 2 months i did self employment first time in UK and wasn't aware of much about taxation etc. its been 3 years am doing self employment as well and my taxes been paid in time which are way more then £1800.

Also i provided a proof of address for my wife/myself living together as her Provisional license as well, and they kept all the documents on them and my wife test is due in 5/6 days which i just realised yesterday, as quite stressed out. What should i do, as i think Provisional is a must to be provided to give practical test?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:31 am

Correct that your wife is unable to take a practical driving test until she has passed the theory test.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:32 am

adeelishaq786 wrote:Also i provided a proof of address for my wife/myself living together as her Provisional license as well, and they kept all the documents on them and my wife test is due in 5/6 days which i just realised yesterday, as quite stressed out. What should i do, as i think Provisional is a must to be provided to give practical test?
Yes, her Provisional licence photo ID will be required on the day. See https://www.gov.uk/driving-test/what-to-take

May be the best option would be to reschedule her test until it is returned.

adeelishaq786
United Kingdom

Post by adeelishaq786 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:52 pm

Casa wrote:Correct that your wife is unable to take a practical driving test until she has passed the theory test.
o well i know that, she has already done a theory test , thats why we've booked her practical

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:59 pm

adeelishaq786 wrote:
Casa wrote:Correct that your wife is unable to take a practical driving test until she has passed the theory test.
o well i know that, she has already done a theory test , thats why we've booked her practical
To answer your question then, a driver with a provisional licence is indeed required to take a practical driving test in order to be issued with a full licence.
Best postpone it.
(Casa, not CR001)

Check01
Newly Registered

Post by Check01 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:01 pm

is it possible to speak with you? Is this allowed in this forum?

sadi952
Newly Registered

Post by sadi952 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:14 pm

Agree with above comment, best thing is to postpone it, in order to avoid any further trouble.

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:13 am

Casa wrote:
zidane wrote:jr should be a better option ,,
I agree, but you will need a better defence than forgetting to pay your tax. :|
There is this problem too, where he forgot again on the form he had to fill in at Croydon.
adeelishaq786 wrote:.

They saying i've tried to deceive and even the small form they gave me to fill in i didn't select 2010/11 as self employed i only selected 2013/2014 as that is what i remembered.

adeelishaq786
United Kingdom

Post by adeelishaq786 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:07 pm

Check01 wrote:is it possible to speak with you? Is this allowed in this forum?
sure mate can do b ut there is a rule we cannot do PM till we reach 30 posts, so not sure how to share contact details, as not allowed to post contact details here. if you got more then 30 maybe try pm me

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:33 pm

adeelishaq786 wrote:sure mate can do b ut there is a rule we cannot do PM till we reach 30 posts, so not sure how to share contact details, as not allowed to post contact details here. if you got more then 30 maybe try pm me
As the member who wants to contact you only has 5 posts so far, he/she cannot access PM and neither can you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

adeelishaq786
United Kingdom

Post by adeelishaq786 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
adeelishaq786 wrote:sure mate can do b ut there is a rule we cannot do PM till we reach 30 posts, so not sure how to share contact details, as not allowed to post contact details here. if you got more then 30 maybe try pm me
As the member who wants to contact you only has 5 posts so far, he/she cannot access PM and neither can you.
Many thanks CR0001, can you please suggest the only way to share contact details are via PM? as i have seen in some of the posts it appears as "email address / contact details remove by admin beleive we are not allowed to share even facebook or any social media for communication on form, it has to be done via PM only?"

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:05 pm

adeelishaq786 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Many thanks CR0001, can you please suggest the only way to share contact details are via PM? as i have seen in some of the posts it appears as "email address / contact details remove by admin beleive we are not allowed to share even facebook or any social media for communication on form, it has to be done via PM only?"

Many thanks
Any form of contact information will be removed from the public forum. You need to remember that everyone on here is a stranger and can be anything from a genuine person to a scammer trying to relieve you of your money with offers of 'I can help you etc'. This is why members are not permitted to post contact details publicly. It is also better to share experience/information publicly so that any inaccuracies can be corrected by members/gurus/moderators.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

adeelishaq786
United Kingdom

Post by adeelishaq786 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:55 pm

Many thanks[/quote]
Any form of contact information will be removed from the public forum. You need to remember that everyone on here is a stranger and can be anything from a genuine person to a scammer trying to relieve you of your money with offers of 'I can help you etc'. This is why members are not permitted to post contact details publicly. It is also better to share experience/information publicly so that any inaccuracies can be corrected by members/gurus/moderators.[/quote]

agree what you saying, thanks for explaining.