ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Late Tier2 Biometric Card

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

square189

Late Tier2 Biometric Card

Post by square189 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:55 pm

Hello,

I have applied for my Tier2 visa on Friday 17th of june via premium service. I received a letter on the day saying that my application has been approved and I should get the biometric card within 7 working days.

I still didn't get my biometric card. My friend applied for a Tier2 biometric card a couple of weeks before me and he got it in 3 days. Did anyone face this issue apart from me this year? The letter says my application has been approved and that I should receive the biometric card within 7 days, does this mean it is a definite yes, and there is nothing at all to worry about?

My new sponsor is chasing me and I want to start to work for them soon in 2-3 weeks, but I still didn't resign from my current job because I didn't get the visa, I was expecting to get it last week. Please let me know your advice, thank you for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Late Tier2 Biometric Card

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:06 pm

Well yes, approved mean........approved!

BRP cards can take a couple of weeks. It might be on its way.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

square189

Post by square189 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:37 pm

Today is the 8th working day from my last appointment and I still didn't get it. Is it safe to resign from my current job? Thank you.

Best regards

square189

Post by square189 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:25 pm

Hi,

Today is the 10th working day since my appointment. I have reported that I still haven't received my card from the site: https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived. I still didn't get a reply from them, they say they will reply within 5 working days.

Is it safe to resign from my current job? I don't know why they didn't send my card yet, last time I applied I got it within 4 days, my colleague also applied 2-3 weeks before me and he did get it in 3-4 days. I don't know if this is normal or not, they did approve my application, and I hope their decision is final. I am afraid if I resign from my current job, and I didn't get my new visa as I expect to, I will be deported. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:25 am

There might be a deay in the post. I will advice you hold on to make sure you have your visa before dropping your resignation letter. I will not be bothered though becuase if the letter from HO says your application was approved, then it was approved.
If I were you, I'd start thinking of how to negotiate early notice period with my current employer.

All the best

square189

Post by square189 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:42 pm

Thank you for your reply. Sorry, I got a bit confused. Do you advise I should wait for my visa before dropping my resignation, or it is better to drop it now (since I have a letter from HO saying my application has been approved). Please can you clarify. Thanks.

I don't know anyone who faced this delay in the service before. I do expect the courier to leave a form on my door if they try to deliver the card while I am at work. On Friday, I have reported that I still didn't get my card, so I am still waiting for a reply from HO as well.