ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Chasing up a Biometrics Letter EEA(EFM)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DRN
Newly Registered

Chasing up a Biometrics Letter EEA(EFM)

Post by DRN » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:12 pm

Hi All,

I've been waiting for my biometric letter for 7+ weeks. A friend who is a barrister in immigration issues told me to chase it up but I have no clue how! I currently have a Tier 4 visa and applied to EEA(EFM). My timeline is as follows:

Submitted and payment taken: 1st week Feb
Asked for passport back for emergency travel: 18-Feb

I emailed Eurobiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and have received no reply.

On the phone the people I've spoken have given me two version: 1. that the biometrics takes 6 weeks, 2. there's no timeline for biometrics.

This is very stressful since I have no answer on the state of my application and if I will be able to work...

Any recommendations? How can I chase it up?

geeb33

Re: Chasing up a Biometrics Letter EEA(EFM)

Post by geeb33 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:11 pm

Hi,

I'm in the same situation - applied EEA EFM early March and haven't had my bio/COA letter either. Have a visa expiring soon and have accepted I probably can't work. Anyway I emailed that email address last week and got a reply. They said "due to a high influx of applications, your case is still waiting to be allocated to casework" and advised I wait a further 3-4 weeks before contacting them again.

You've waited a while longer, I'd definitely email that address again. It says it's not monitored but I got a response, they guy was very nice actually. Just give them all your info: name, date of birth, address, nationality and same of your sponsors, dates applied and funds taken from your account, just so they can find your application easily/hopefully reply.

Good luck!

DRN
Newly Registered

Post by DRN » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:07 am

geeb33 wrote:Hi,

I'm in the same situation - applied EEA EFM early March and haven't had my bio/COA letter either. Have a visa expiring soon and have accepted I probably can't work. Anyway I emailed that email address last week and got a reply. They said "due to a high influx of applications, your case is still waiting to be allocated to casework" and advised I wait a further 3-4 weeks before contacting them again.

You've waited a while longer, I'd definitely email that address again. It says it's not monitored but I got a response, they guy was very nice actually. Just give them all your info: name, date of birth, address, nationality and same of your sponsors, dates applied and funds taken from your account, just so they can find your application easily/hopefully reply.

Good luck!
That's sad! It sounds like they might take as long as they have with me, but I hope you get it soon!

Thanks for the info, it's really helpful and goodluck!

Rayan888
Newly Registered

Post by Rayan888 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:42 pm

Hi im new to this form... im in a same situation too
Form posted 27/05/2016
HO Recived 30/05/2016
Fee deducted 02/06/2016
email to eurobiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
On 18/06/2016
And noreply.
Im panicking every morning from last 20 days im saying hello to my postman.. :oops: really appreciate your replies
I just want to know after how lond did u guys recive ur biometric enrolment letter..??
Thank you.

ill_gremlinx
Newly Registered

Post by ill_gremlinx » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:49 pm

Rayan888 wrote:Hi im new to this form... im in a same situation too
Form posted 27/05/2016
HO Recived 30/05/2016
Fee deducted 02/06/2016
On 18/06/2016
And noreply.
Im panicking every morning from last 20 days im saying hello to my postman.. :oops: really appreciate your replies
I just want to know after how lond did u guys recive ur biometric enrolment letter..??
Thank you.
Hi Rayan888
You will most probabily receive it this week or next
it takes 4-5 weeks to received Biometric letter.

See my timeline below
Applied for PR as non-EEA applicant
Application submitted: 19/05/16
Application received: 20/05/16
Payment taken: 23/05/16
Biometric letter: received on 24/06/16 dated 21/06/16
Biometric enrollment : 25/06/16

Rayan888
Newly Registered

Post by Rayan888 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:00 pm

ill_gremlinx wrote:
Rayan888 wrote:Hi im new to this form... im in a same situation too
Form posted 27/05/2016
HO Recived 30/05/2016
Fee deducted 02/06/2016
On 18/06/2016
And noreply.
Thank you.
Hi Rayan888
You will most probabily receive it this week or next
it takes 4-5 weeks to received Biometric letter.

See my timeline below
Applied for PR as non-EEA applicant
Application submitted: 19/05/16
Application received: 20/05/16
Payment taken: 23/05/16
Biometric letter: received on 24/06/16 dated 21/06/16
Biometric enrollment : 25/06/16
Thank so much for ur reply i hope for the best and good luck for you.