ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family of a settled person in UK (formerly Spouse Visa) help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pune1
Newly Registered

Family of a settled person in UK (formerly Spouse Visa) help

Post by pune1 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:11 pm

Hi All,

I'd like to get assistance regarding Visa application for my to be wife.

Im and Indian national and I have ILR in UK through PBS. Im getting married to an Indian national in coming July.

I'd like to understand if I am able to submit the online application now, in coming 1-2 weeks, before we are married, and book appointment for Visa application center at Delhi? And if so is possible, as I believe it is, would you recommend it or waiting until marriage to even submit the online application?

Additionally, if I were to submit the online application before marriage, how would we represent our relationship, as her status will be single (as of before marriage) and is it right to select "partner" under the "sponsor details" -> " what is their relationship to you" section?

Furthermore, as we will be submitting the documents in person after marriage, having received our marriage certificate, will there not be a clash in the personal details entered for my to be wife. Her status will have changed then from "Single" to "Married".

I'd request the active administrators to provide all relevant information as per their experience. It'll be extremely useful and highly appreciated.

Many Thanks!
P

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Family of a settled person in UK (formerly Spouse Visa)

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:22 pm

You are unable to submit a spouse visa application until you actually have a spouse. In other words, once you are married.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

pune1
Newly Registered

Post by pune1 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:32 pm

Hi Casa,

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk

In order to book the appointment, one has to fill and confirm the application online. From what you are saying, one can not book the appointment to submit the visa application and supporting documents in person before marriage?

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:46 pm

I don't have access to the online application, but as this is for a settlement visa I assume that it asks for details of your spouse doesn't it? That's why you've already spotted the problem between 'single' & 'married'.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

pune1
Newly Registered

Family of a settled person in UK - Supporting Docs

Post by pune1 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:36 pm

Hi All

I will be applying for my wife to be under "family of a settled person in UK" visa type in w/c 18th July. It used to be spouse Visa earlier.

I have query regarding the supporting documents to be submitted; what's the limit for the supporting documents being submitted
- Sponsors PAYSLIPS
- Sponsors BANK STATEMENTS
- Sponsors Utility Bills
- Sponsors Letter from Employer confirming employment and salary

Im planning to submit the original copies of above with the Visa application. Do they have to be issued in last 28 days on date of application submission? For example, my payslip got issued on 23rd June. So, if I were to submit the application on say 25th July, which is technically outside 28days of payslip issuance, UKBA will not consider it latest?

Same for the utility bills, I got them for month of June at start of June. And as Im traveling to India in July, when I'll be submitting the application for wife, I wont have original copies of July bills, they will be of June as latest. Will it cause a problem?

Please share any experience that you may have?

@Admins; Please inform from your understanding perspective.

Many Thanks
Puneet

pune1
Newly Registered

Re: Family of a settled person in UK - Supporting Docs

Post by pune1 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:19 pm

Hi

Please provide information.

Thanks
Puneet

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:16 pm

I believe your latest bank statements and wage slips should be within 28 days of the application .

I gave utility bills covering the last year - but don't think any were within the last 28 days. Don't think it applies to uitility bills.
Last edited by Mojohnson on Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:18 pm

Mojohnson wrote:I believe your latest bank statements and wage slips should be within 28 days of the application .
Correct
(Casa, not CR001)

pune1
Newly Registered

Post by pune1 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:55 am

Thanks guys!

And do these bank statements and wage slips should be original? Can these be downloaded copies from my payroll system, I can have them printed in color?

Please also call out, if these are downloaded copies, do i need my employer to certify them?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:23 am

All downloaded payslips would have to certified by your employer and bank statements should be originals or copies stamped and verified by the issuing bank.
(Casa, not CR001)

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:14 pm

Some banks no longer provide the stamping service but are able to order original statements for you so is best to do that. Usually takes less than a week.

pune1
Newly Registered

Post by pune1 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:52 am

Thanks guys!

And what's the recommendation on submitting the utility bills. will one latest bill of a utility, say, energy / heat will do?

Or should there be more than 1 bill, of covering a specific period in past?
Should I also submit more than one utility bill. could do say water?

Thanks again!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:58 am

You don't need to include utility bills. As proof of address/adequate accommodation you should submit tenancy or mortgage agreement, and if rented property a letter from your landlord to confirm your wife can live there with you.
(Casa, not CR001)

pune1
Newly Registered

family of a settled person in UK - - passport passback

Post by pune1 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:00 am

Morning All

Im planning to use passport passback paid service to get hold of passport on the day of Visa appointment.

Have you used user pay services while submitting the documents? Any experience with passport passback service?

Many thanks
P

pune1
Newly Registered

Post by pune1 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:10 am

Thanks Casa!

Re: Your note on my other thread, I thought to keep it separate, as topic is different.

pune1
Newly Registered

Post by pune1 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:50 pm

Dear Admins and fellow members
Can you please provide guidance on how to provide relationship proof for "family of settled person in UK" Visa.

I have been in touch with my fiance since December and Whats app has been our primary mode of connect, I have the chat history on email. Do I just take printouts and attach all the pages?

Also, I call my fiance using Lyca mobile phone, but, my connection is pre-paid, I don't get itemised bill. How can I prove the call history?

What's your recommendation on providing the relationship history proof? Will my whatsapp chat history be enough to satisfy this requirement by UKBA?

Cheers
P

pune1
Newly Registered

Post by pune1 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:27 am

Guys - please share your experiences / knowledge. Will be useful for me.

Thanks, P

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:52 am

Whatsapp chat history or/and screenshots - I just included screenshots from various dates spaced out over the time period.

Itemised phone bills would be good as they show continuous contact ( I'm sure Lyca provide itemised billing if you register with them - I had a monthly bundle but I was still able to get itemised bills for these calls).

Also other emails you may have sent to each other.

Have you been to visit her at all? As you could then include flight tickets/ photos etc.

strontiumdog74

Post by strontiumdog74 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:51 am

I think from what I have read you are better off to take screen shots of your chat history over a period of time, submitting the e-mail log alone may get rejected as it's easy to alter an e-mailed log. Remember the ECO is sceptical from the start.
If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it, the long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists

Whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience

pune1
Newly Registered

Post by pune1 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:27 am

Thanks guys!

So basically, taking screenshots of chat window, covering a few message for a day, at regular intervals (weekly)... and printing them?

strontiumdog74

Post by strontiumdog74 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:36 am

pune1 wrote:Thanks guys!

So basically, taking screenshots of chat window, covering a few message for a day, at regular intervals (weekly)... and printing them?
In my opinion - YES
If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it, the long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists

Whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience

pune1
Newly Registered

Post by pune1 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:18 am

@Mojohnson
Regarding itemised bills - Im able to download the call history online. It shows my voice call details etc.
However, it doesn't show my name and address on top of the itemised bill. How was it in your case? Thanks!

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:20 pm

Well you might as well put that in if you haven't got too many other things. I did that and highlighted the calls made to my wife. I doubt they would check but the number I called matched my wife's phone number which I had put on the application.

pune1
Newly Registered

Post by pune1 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:36 pm

Thanks buddy! Yes im planning to include it - number of my spouse matches on the itemised bill.

To confirm, did your lyca bill, had your details as well - like your name, phone number and address?