ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for ILR now ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

juhi
United Kingdom

Can I apply for ILR now ?

Post by juhi » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:13 am

Hi, My kids and I have been in uk on spouse settlment visa issued on 16 dec 2013 valid upto sept 6 2016. Will br applying for the visa renewel in July.
My question is that can I apply directly for ILR as their father received his Citizenship in 2012. Are they eligible to apply sooner or do they have to apply for FLR with me.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Can I apply for ILR now ?

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:48 am

No, you and your children need an additional FLR(M) 2.5 year renewal before qualifying for ILR at the end of the full 5 year period. After being granted ILR, under current rules you should be able to apply for British citizenship immediately as you are married to a BC.
In addition to the NHS surcharge you will have to pay the NHS surcharge of £500 each.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.