ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Experience with EC Application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ak_g

My Experience with EC Application

Post by ak_g » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:01 pm

Dear All,

I got my EC in 7 working days which by any standard is very quick. I am sharing my experience for benefit of others.
==============================
UNUSAL THINGS WITH MY APPLICATION:

a) I was refused H1B visa in past under section 221(g)

b) The funds I shown in my salary account were 4.2 lakhs out of which 3.4 lakhs from my loan account. This I mentioned in EC application and also provided the loan account statement to prove my claim.

c) I didn't attach any cover letter intentionally because in my view no one has time to go through that and case worker will prefer to get information from the EC form.

d) No orginal driving license was submitted becuase VFS refused that

e) I didn't attach any job communication letter with UK consulatants

Plus points of my application:

a) I had already visited UK twice in the past and In fact I had two Work Permits (expired) stamped on my passport. This may be the reason for quick response.

b) I work for very reputed company

I submitted following documents:

a) Documents submitted with HSMP approval
b) My curent company Offer letter and Appointment letter
c) Hike letters
d) 6 months bank Statements for bank accounts
e) DEMAT a/c statement for liquid funds
f) 3 years Income Tax returns
g) Last year college mark sheets
h) hotel booking for 20 days for self and spouse

I got the post dated EC which I requested to VFS officer. Please note the fool proof way to get post dated EC is to ask VFS officer, he will be putting note on your EC application. Cover letter may not work because some time it may go un-noticed.

Let me know if I can answer your queries. I will try my best to reply them.

Lastly I would like to say http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com/ is great resource for applicants.

Regards
Last edited by ak_g on Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shaaskul
Newly Registered

Post by shaaskul » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:27 am

Hi ak_g,

Congratulations for your visa approval.

From which VFS did u apply for EC. Please mention the time lines.

Thanks,
S

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:21 am

hi akg

Thanks a lot for your post - it gave me some relief - as i also have not submitted a seperate covering letter as i gave all info in the EC application itself .

And my office has agreed to help me get work at the UK corporate office after visa stamping - so i had also not attached any job search detail - but just mentioned this in my EC form.

Hoping for the best right now,

wanker
Newly Registered

congrats on ur visa

Post by wanker » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:34 am

Hi congrats on ur visa, can u plz tell me, which companies u worked for UK, i mean the your two previous WorkPermit Companies.

chetanamale@gmail.com

Post by chetanamale@gmail.com » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:39 am

hi ak_g,

Congrates for your visa.I have some question though,

1) Is there any issue for going for Post dated stamping ? Is this an official option available ?Are there changes required in the EC application form for the same ?

2) What is the limit for Post dated EC ( we can ask for how many months/days later ) ? How much you asked for ?

thanks,
chetan.

ak_g

Post by ak_g » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:25 pm

Hi Chetan,

Please find below answer to your queries.

1) I don't think there should be any issue as long as your intended travel date aligns with the requested date. No changes are required in EC form, you only need to inform VFS officer to put comment on that. Of course yes it's official.

2) It's 3 months. Beyound 3 months you can't request for post dated EC.

Regards

wanna_bee
Mood:
India

Post by wanna_bee » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:57 pm

Congratulations aK_g for getting your EC!!

i donot agree with your following point :-
c) I didn't attach any cover letter intentionally because in my view no one has time to go through that and case worker will prefer to get information from the EC form.
because in my case i wrote a cover letter and in that i requested for a post-dated visa and it was granted to me. So someone did read my cover letter!

I think it's *always* better to write a cover letter (my personal view).

umanghere

Post by umanghere » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:23 pm

I also agree that cover letter is quite imp(since in very few case they will call you for interview).So in a way through cover letter your are representing yourself.
my first visa application was rejected.Later I applied again with detailed cover letter explaining even obvious facts with additional docs and I was granted visa.
may be for straightforward case, cover letter is not that imp.But to say that they dont bother to read is a very strong statement. Actually none of us knows how they handles the application so best is to do the way you are comfortable most-with or without cover letter !