ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport application question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cbrou04
Newly Registered

British passport application question

Post by cbrou04 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:13 am

Hi there,

Anyone know if you must submit your foreign passport when you submit for your first British passport (sending along the naturalization certificate) or would a certified copy be possible? I've got a job that requires me to travel internationally weekly and they aren't being super understanding that it may take 6 weeks to get my British Passport before I can travel outside the UK again.

Also there's a requirement to return your bio-metric residence card within 5 days once you receive citizenship, what about if it's an EEA4, (ie it's a non-biometric permanent residence card)???

I'm stressed that it may take 6 weeks to get my British passport since there's no way to speed it up when it's your first but have my ceremony on Thursday and don't think it makes any sense to delay passport application (I will always need to travel at work so there isn't a 6 week time that's better than any other).

I've heard now you can apply for your passport same time as your citizenship application fyi too if you use NCS, but unfortunately only heard of this after I had made and received acceptance of my application :(

Thanks for any advice!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British passport application question

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:29 am

Why have you started another topic with the same question? See Multiple Posts (click)

Please continue in your existing topic (link below) where you have already had a response from noajthan.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1367421
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.