ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is NARIC letter required for Tier 1(G) Main applicant's ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ask.tier1
Newly Registered

Is NARIC letter required for Tier 1(G) Main applicant's ILR?

Post by ask.tier1 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:40 pm

Hi
I am Tier 1 main applicant applying for ILR.

I was granted second Tier 1 extension in January 2015 on the basis of Overseas Degree and English language equivalence via points based calculator.

However the current Points Based Calculator website mentions that 'From 06-Apr-2016, a printout of the points-based calculator on gov.uk website cannot be used as evidence of English language proficiency to the prescribed standard'

I am applying for ILR.

Do I need NARIC certificate as well along with original degree for proving KOLL and Degree equivalence?

Thanks in advance.

salimisaf
Newly Registered
India

Re: Is NARIC letter required for Tier 1(G) Main applicant's

Post by salimisaf » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:44 am

Please see response from Croydon office to one of the members.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 10331.html

It is recommended to have an NARIC certificate. However, I would consider this response from Home Office and use the same approach.

ask.tier1
Newly Registered

Post by ask.tier1 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:01 am

Thanks salimisaf!

Based on the guidance I submitted my application by attaching old Tier 1 renewal letter (no NARIC letter) and have got my ILR approved.

Posting it here so that someone who is in similar situation may benefit.

salimisaf
Newly Registered
India

Post by salimisaf » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:24 am

That's great news, congrats and thanks for sharing.

It may be helpful to others to see one working case. You may want to add your experience if you went for a PEO on this thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 67234.html

I have submitted mine at the PEO as suggested above, however, mine is deferred as they couldn't verify my wife's IELTS result. Waiting times.