ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time frame to receive acknowledgement / biometric letter

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

f317633

Time frame to receive acknowledgement / biometric letter

Post by f317633 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:08 pm

Hi

How much time generally it takes for the acknowledgement letter/biometric letter to arrive once the postal application has been received by UKVI. The mode of payment was bankers draft. I sent my postal application on 16th March and it was received on 17th March. My employer is asking for some sort of document. Have not received anything yet from HO.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Time frame to receive acknowledgement / biometric letter

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:43 pm

It can take a few weeks.

Your employer can check your right to work in the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

f317633

Post by f317633 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:45 pm

CR001 wrote:It can take a few weeks.

Your employer can check your right to work in the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status
Thanks CR001.

Does this link not ask to provide any home office reference number? I looked at this link and I think it asks us to provide the home office reference number. Do we still need to enter previous visa or brp number? Can you please guide me so that I can advise the employer accordingly.

gwsamanbs
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by gwsamanbs » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:32 pm

Hi f317633,

I had the same issue but luckely I got extended for 28 days "grace " period after my visa expires . ( company finally agreed to that ) . but i have received my Ack letter within few days and the Biomatric follwing day . My visa is expering today 23 March 2016

Applied-12th March 2016
received -16th March 2016
Ack-letter-22nd March via email.
Biomatric-23rd via post .

please use the following link to undestand the process about employer checks .
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf

The employer cant do any thing if you make in time application.

Hope this helps .

Thanks ,
Saman

f317633

Post by f317633 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:30 am

I am bit panicking as I have not yet received any sort of acknowledgement or biometrics letter yet. My application has been received on 17th March. Mode of payment was bankers draft. I checked the timelines of others and seems like in many cases applicant has received the acknowledgment or biometric letter within 7-10 days of receipt of application.

Am I panicking without any reason? Should I just wait for few more days before contacting home office. My employer has just extended my contract for 2 weeks based on the proof of postage. I need something from HO soon.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:05 am

f317633 wrote:I am bit panicking as I have not yet received any sort of acknowledgement or biometrics letter yet. My application has been received on 17th March. Mode of payment was bankers draft. I checked the timelines of others and seems like in many cases applicant has received the acknowledgment or biometric letter within 7-10 days of receipt of application.

Am I panicking without any reason? Should I just wait for few more days before contacting home office. My employer has just extended my contract for 2 weeks based on the proof of postage. I need something from HO soon.
There has been a huge influx of applications to beat the fee increase on 18th March. It is highly likely that HO are dealing with a backlog. You could wait a few weeks still.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

f317633

Post by f317633 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:10 am

CR001 wrote:
f317633 wrote:I am bit panicking as I have not yet received any sort of acknowledgement or biometrics letter yet. My application has been received on 17th March. Mode of payment was bankers draft. I checked the timelines of others and seems like in many cases applicant has received the acknowledgment or biometric letter within 7-10 days of receipt of application.

There has been a huge influx of applications to beat the fee increase on 18th March. It is highly likely that HO are dealing with a backlog. You could wait a few weeks still.
Thanks CR001. I will wait for few weeks.

f317633

Post by f317633 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:18 pm

In case I need to contact HO to check if the biometric letter has been dispatched or not, which number should I call? I don't want to be in a situation where the biometric letter is missed in the post and I keep waiting for it to arrive. Just trying to be bit proactive rather than in a weird situation where I don't know what to do next? Is ther any phone number or email id where I can send my query to HO?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:15 pm

You have only applied recently. Be patient and wait. If HO have your correct address, you will get the letter. It can take a few weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Plzilr

Post by Plzilr » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:08 pm

Hi "f317633

Have you managed to receive your biometric letter and how long did it take to receive as I sent my set O application and its over 3 weeks now but still haven't received letter yet..

ram25
Newly Registered

Post by ram25 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:05 pm

hi, i want to ask how long is the procedure to receive acknowledgement letter. i send my application 4 weeks ago and i did not receive anything. My visa experied 10 days ago and i lost my job ( actually they send me on holiday but it is unpaid and said to call them when i will get proof that i applied for visa). my employes asked me that asc. letter or reference number of my aplication but still i dont have anything. can someone tellme please how long i have to wait more, till today im waiting 4 weeks?

zicoliu
Newly Registered

Post by zicoliu » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:13 am

How long did everyone have to wait for in the end?
I applied for my wife's second FLR(M) on 13/02/2017, they received it a day later and payment was taken on 20/02/2017, since they I haven't received anything. No confirmation letter and it's been over 3 weeks now.

Hectrom
Newly Registered

Post by Hectrom » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:07 am

Hello, I have the same problem, i made my application online (EEA) FM since March 22th 2017, they send me a confirmation e mail, then i sent my documents and supportive information on March 24th, two days later, since that date, i haven't received any acknowledge letter or biometric appointment letter.. it has been almost 3 weeks and i am worried... i don't want that the letter goes missing in some post office and i waste my time waiting.. however, i read that they MUST deliver the letter in the address.. so.. nothing else for me to wait this week..

Online application & payment made: March 22th, 2017
Documents sent to Home Office: March 24th, 2017
Waiting for ack letter or biometric letter: on going...

Pleas guys, if you can tell how much is " a few weeks" for you and how much does it took for you to get the acknowledge letter , i would appreciate it!!

Thanks

70percent
Newly Registered

Post by 70percent » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:23 pm

Gah, didn't realize there would be this problem..
I just posted mine yesterday on April 12th which now has been delivered.
I submitted the application online on the 10th - payment was taken straightaway after i paid online - I guess this is good news?
My visa is going to expire on June 6th! Fingers crossed!
If I knew they've got a habit of delaying sending acks I'd have gone for premier/fast track!
doh!
Thanks anyway and good luck to all of you who's having the same problem!

Hectrom
Newly Registered

Post by Hectrom » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:17 am

Hello guys..
Just an update of my situation here waiting for ack's letter.. I called Home Office asking them how long does it takes to receive the acknowledge letter.. and indeed the lead time is 4 to 6 weeks.. just as the previous comment said, so .. i am within the time frame..
Thanks and success to everybody..

Hello:2017
Newly Registered

Post by Hello:2017 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:56 pm

Hectrom wrote:Hello guys..
Just an update of my situation here waiting for ack's letter.. I called Home Office asking them how long does it takes to receive the acknowledge letter.. and indeed the lead time is 4 to 6 weeks.. just as the previous comment said, so .. i am within the time frame..
Hi
I am also waiting for the biometrics invitation letter...I sent my application by post on 20th and 21st the payment was taken but until today, I have not received any correspondence, no text or email. It's just horrible having to wait!

Have you received anything yet?

Nizumdip
Newly Registered

Post by Nizumdip » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:05 am

Hi All,
would really appreciate if anyone can give an idea on how long it takes to get an acknowledgement from HO for a FLR(FP) application. Applied on 27 March. Nothing received yet. On point of losing Job!
Thank you.

Hello:2017
Newly Registered

Post by Hello:2017 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:19 am

Nizumdip wrote:Hi All,
would really appreciate if anyone can give an idea on how long it takes to get an acknowledgement from HO for a FLR(FP) application. Applied on 27 March. Nothing received yet. On point of losing Job!
Thank you.
Hi
When you were employed at your current job, did HR check all your paperwork to ensure you are able to work in the UK? If so, then they do not need to re-check, there is a law somewhere to say this. Look at this forum for further information.

Good luck!

Beatriz
Newly Registered

Post by Beatriz » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:10 am

Same here, still wating on the letter. My application was sent on 13th March and the documents were sent using the European Passport Return Service on the 16th March. It's been 5 weeks and no sign of the letter. Hope it comes next week. The wait is very frustating. Does the Use the Employer Checking Service work even if you haven't done the biometrics yet? I am afraid to send the link to my employer and have it come out negative due to some technicality.

Nizumdip
Newly Registered

Post by Nizumdip » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:28 pm

Hi an update,
Got suspended from work and was offered an opportunity of 48 hours to provided evidence from HO that application received and I am allowed to work. Postal proof of delivery and solicitor letter didn't help.

Employer doing an ECS check but learned that it may come out negative if bio metric is not done?
Anyone can provide some further information?

Nizumdip
Newly Registered

Post by Nizumdip » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:32 pm

Hello:2017 wrote:
Nizumdip wrote:Hi All,
Thank you.
Hi
When you were employed at your current job, did HR check all your paperwork to ensure you are able to work in the UK? If so, then they do not need to re-check, there is a law somewhere to say this. Look at this forum for further information.

Good luck!
Yes they did and everything was fine but still got suspended on the day visa expired. Postal proof, solicitors letter didn't help.

Hectrom
Newly Registered

Post by Hectrom » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:33 pm

Hello:2017 wrote:
Hectrom wrote:Hello guys..
Hi
I am also waiting for the biometrics invitation letter...I sent my application by post on 20th and 21st the payment was taken but until today, I have not received any correspondence, no text or email. It's just horrible having to wait!

Have you received anything yet?
Hello I have not received anything... it has been already 5 weeks, but no ack letter, email or text.. so .. like i said, HO told me it could take maximum 6 weeks.. so... im still waiting...

Hectrom
Newly Registered

Post by Hectrom » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:04 am

Well. 5 weeks already and i haven't received anything... Im still waiting for the letter to arrive..
Any update guys?

uday1122
Newly Registered

Post by uday1122 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:14 am

Hectrom wrote:Well. 5 weeks already and i haven't received anything... Im still waiting for the letter to arrive..
Any update guys?
Hi,
I was in same situation like you .I called to UKBA they asked me to wait 4-6 weeks but bit of google I sent an email to Appointmentexceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk on 18/03/2017 then they replied me on 25/03/2017 as follows

"The letters for biometric enrolment were sent on 14/04/2017. Have you still not received them?
If you haven’t can you please confirm the address they need to be despatched to and I will forward fresh copies."

i don't know how its was missed by the post, So I replied them to re send the letters very next day 26/03/2017 got the post with biometric enrolment letters.
Visa Type:Tier2 general extension
Date applied:28/03/2017
Date of posted:29/03/2017
Date home office received:30/03/2017
Hope this will helpful to you :)

bradly
Newly Registered

Post by bradly » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:54 pm

uday1122 wrote:
Hectrom wrote:Well. 5 weeks already and i haven't received anything... Im still waiting for the letter to arrive..
Any update guys?
Hi,
I was in same situation like you .I called to UKBA they asked me to wait 4-6 weeks but bit of google I sent an email to Appointmentexceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk on 18/03/2017 then they replied me on 25/03/2017 as follows

"The letters for biometric enrolment were sent on 14/04/2017. Have you still not received them?
If you haven’t can you please confirm the address they need to be despatched to and I will forward fresh copies."

i don't know how its was missed by the post, So I replied them to re send the letters very next day 26/03/2017 got the post with biometric enrolment letters.
Visa Type:Tier2 general extension
Date applied:28/03/2017
Date of posted:29/03/2017
Date home office received:30/03/2017
Hope this will helpful to you :)
HO sent me an email like yours and they told me they have sent me bio letter 10 days ago and they said i should receive it so far. could you plz tell me that is there any time limit for enrolment in your bio letter and the letter was signed for or you received it in your postbox?