ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP - 'Your Contact Details' sections

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DingDong

EEA FP - 'Your Contact Details' sections

Post by DingDong » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:21 pm

Hello Fellow members,

I have posted my question with in the image itself, my current status is I am a naturalized Irish & relocating to UK to exercise free movement rights and applying for EEA FP for my elderly mum.

https://postimg.org/image/jr9ry6xhj/

Part 3 'Your Contact Details' -- Read Guidance, Part 3

Scenario:

Mum is travelling to Ireland on a C visit visa and I am applying Family Permitt from UK visa office in Dublin, since it's going to be bit faster and it's not neccassary to have a full residence of the country in order to apply FP.As per below:
***EUN2.2 Where can an EEA family permit be issued?
EEA family permits may be obtained from any visa issuing post. It is not necessary for an applicant to be lawfully or normally resident in the country to apply

Point 3.1

I am really confused what address should I provide in this field.
a) Is that the address of her home country where she is travelling from i.e. Pakistan's address in this case.
b) Or should I put the Home address of Ireland where she is currently staying with me.

Point 3.2
- If I go ahead with Point b then not sure what should I put in terms if duration, for example she had visited me in 2014, 2015 for 3 months each year on a visit visa so can I put 6 months within 'How long have you lived at this address' ? but the caveat here is do I have to prove this as well like I have nothing under my mum's name at the Ireland address.

Many thanks

rexmedorum
Newly Registered

Re: EEA FP - 'Your Contact Details' sections

Post by rexmedorum » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:21 am

In any case I'd put your address as the contact but I think you need to be resident here to apply, as you need to show that the sponsor (i.e. you) is exercising treaty rights in the UK and you can't do that yet from Ireland.

But somebody correct me if I'm wrong?

noajthan

Re: EEA FP - 'Your Contact Details' sections

Post by noajthan » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:34 am

Complete the form as if you were the applicant (or let her complete it).

Its obviously trying to determine where the applicant lives. Is that Eire or somewhere else? Put that.
(Visiting a country is not necessarily residing especially if the applicant hasn't stayed long enough to get a RC).

Maybe its intended to help officials decide where the applicant is normally/legally resident.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.