ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documentation for FBR Application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jasonoz
Newly Registered

Documentation for FBR Application

Post by jasonoz » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:48 pm

Hi,

I intend to apply for FBR as my Grandmother (Fathers side) was born in Ireland and I should be entitled to citizenship.

The required documents for this are listed here:
https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenshi ... ign-birth/
(click the "supporting documents" tab)

As well as what you would expect they also ask for my own Marriage and Divorce certificates, and also those for my Father. Why? They don't appear necessary to prove genealogy. I mean, if he is listed on my Birth Certificate then I can prove that I am his son. What have my marriage or divorce certificates got to do with it? Can I just miss them out? (Getting divorce certificates for my dad is hard as you need to know the court. Also, I got married in Sweden and they don't give a marriage certificate there).

thanks for your help!
Jason

sweetbeatrice
Newly Registered

Re: Documentation for FBR Application

Post by sweetbeatrice » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:22 pm

My best guess is that they require the documents for any matrilineal genealogy to track name changes, and for whatever reason, they just ask for them in all cases. No matter, they ask for them, and you have to comply. Honestly, how would they know if you're divorced unless you provide them that information? I would say use your best judgement.

I would recommend you call and ask, but it appears the offices of the DFA may be a little busy right now.

jasonoz
Newly Registered

Re: Documentation for FBR Application

Post by jasonoz » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:53 am

Thank you for your thoughts. I think I'll just submit what I have. I hope that they come back for further information rather than an "Application Denied" :)

Yes, they would be busy right now with the consequences of Brexit!