ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension of my Flr fp visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dorkey

Extension of my Flr fp visa

Post by Dorkey » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:27 am

Hi all,

I need clarification please. I came into the UK in 2010 on a student visa, completed my Master's degree in 2011, had my son in 2012 who's a British citizen as father got his ILR years before his birth. In 2012, I got my Post Study work visa which expired in 2014. Applied for FLR FP for 5years route based on parent life to a British child which was granted but a 10yrs instead which expires in October 2016. My ex boyfriend who is my son's father included his paperwork then to support my application declaring our relationship ended while I was pregnant. Now I need to extend my visa in October
Will I still need supporting documents from him although my son has his British passport.
My current earning is £16200
My son and I bought travelled to my home country last year for a month will this affect my application?
I intend to get married to my boyfriend who lives in my home country, will I be able to bring him over with my FLR FP visa if granted in October?
Thanks for your replies

vinny

Re: Extension of my Flr fp visa

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:39 am

I don't think that travelling for a month would have done harm.

See also D-LTRPT and Appendix FM1.0b.

There doesn't seem to be any provision under the Immigration Rules to be able to bring a spouse over.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Dorkey

Post by Dorkey » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:06 am

Thanks Vinny for your reply.

I also need to know if I will need to get documents such as passport, statement etc from my son's father for my application in October.
Are you saying that my spouse can't relocate to the UK next year once I have extended my visa. Or can he come in using a different type of visa?
Was I granted the 10years based on financial requirements as I don't earn 18600?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:16 am

You are unable to sponsor a spouse as you don't yet have settled status (ILR). He would be able to apply for a student visa if he has sufficient funds, or under the work related points based system if he qualifies.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:38 am

It seems that only adequate maintenance and accommodation is required under E-LTRPT.4.1.

If you have sole responsibility over your child, then you probably won't need your son's father's documents.

Not sure why you are on the 10 year route. Did you apply late? Did they send a letter stating when you may apply for ILR?

It's not easy reading these Family life as a parent of a child in the UK rules!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Dorkey

Post by Dorkey » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:13 pm

I am responsible for everything regarding my son as his father does nothing for us. I am unable to prove things as I don't want to go to the court. I applied for a 5year route but was granted a 10year route reason unknown. The letter stated that I didn't meet some requirements which I don't have an idea about as I don't need to do the English test since I am from an English speaking country, I had my Master's degree in the UK taught in English. I have never and still don't claim any kind of benefit including child benefit. I am not in communication with my son's father hence I think will be difficult to get his documents. I applied for my visa before it expired and I have never been illegal in the UK. I have always applied for visa well on time.

Thanks for your help

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:02 am

Did they say which requirements you failed to meet?

Dorkey

Post by Dorkey » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:31 am

Hi Vinny,

I will post the wording of the letter when I get home tonight.

Thanks for your help

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:00 am

Suggest SAR to get more info.

Dorkey

Post by Dorkey » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:56 pm

Hi Vinny,
Here's the wording, consideration has been given under paragraph R-LTRPT.1.1 a,b and d of Appendix FM which includes the exceptions paragraphs EX1 a and b. We are satisfied from the information you have provided that you meet the relevant eligibility and suitability requirements and you have a parental relationship with a child and it's not reasonable to expect that the child to leave the UK.
Because of your particular circumstances you have been granted leave within the immigration rules under D-LTRPT1.2 of Appendix FM.

In order to qualify for settlement you must have completed a continuous period of at least 120 in the UK with limited leave granted because of your family life.
FUTURE APPLICATIONS
If your circumstances remain same, following a continuous period of lawful leave to remain in the UK for 10years and subject to meeting the requirements of the immigration rules at the time, you may apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK.

@Vinny, does this mean I can apply for ILR in 2020 since I will be 10year in the UK or I must apply after 10years of continuous 2.5 parent life which will be 2024.

Do I need to do the English test even though I have a BSC and MSC degrees taught in English in the UK to qualify for 5years route?
Does the financial requirements £18600 applies for 5years route?

Dorkey

How to prove sole responsibility for a child

Post by Dorkey » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:15 am

Morning everyone,

I am looking at extending my FLRFP visa next week and I am worried. British child lives with me and father no longer communicates with us so abandoned his responsibility. How do I prove that I am now solely responsible for my child. What documents do I need to provide. I don't have anything from court. Also on the form it requires father's details who has parental responsibility for child. Do I need to fill in his details even though he has abandoned his responsibility?

Please your advice will be much appreciated.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How to prove sole responsibility for a child

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:25 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dorkey

Post by Dorkey » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:57 am

Thanks a lot for the link. I have read it and I meet all the requirements and have prove according to the link

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:08 am

What official or other documentation do you have to prove sole responsibility?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:53 am

M.

Dorkey

Post by Dorkey » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:12 pm

CR001 wrote:What official or other documentation do you have to prove sole responsibility?
I have a letter from child's school confirming I am the registered parent
GP letter
Tenancy agreement listing my name and child as the occupants
Child's British passport
Full birth certificate

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:25 pm

For this type of application , in country as opposed to out of country, it suffices if you demonstrate that the child normally lives with you and not the other parent who is British or settled person.

The documents above may be reasonable to prove that.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Dorkey

Post by Dorkey » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:38 pm

Obie wrote:For this type of application , in country as opposed to out of country, it suffices if you demonstrate that the child normally lives with you and not the other parent who is British or settled person.

The documents above may be reasonable to prove that.

Thanks Obie,
Do you think I need to complete the section of parent details who has parental responsibility since he has abandoned his responsibility. Although his name is on the birth certificate.

Dorkey

Post by Dorkey » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:58 am

Please help,

I posted my application on Monday as next day special delivery so it should arrive yesterday Tuesday. I lost my receipt as proof of postage and other valuables yesterday so can't track the post. Does anyone know how I can contact HO to confirm application received as I need to show this to my employer to continue my job?

Dorkey

Post by Dorkey » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:01 am

I am so worried now please help.

In October 2016, my employer and housing agency contacted HO to confirm if I am permitted to continue working and able to extend my tenancy agreement as my application had been submitted to HO. HO replied giving them 6months to allow me continue my job and extend my tenancy agreement.

I am worried now as I have not gotten an answer yet from HO regarding my visa application and the 6months given to my employer and housing agency ends first week of April. I don't want to be homeless and have no income to look after my child. And I am not an overstayer because I applied before my visa expired.

My questions are:
Should my employer and letting agency contact HO again for another check?
Will HO extend the time given as my application hasn't been granted or rejected so I can continue working and extend my tenancy agreement?
Will my employer and letting agency be right by stopping my job and not extend my tenancy agreement without conducting a second check for HO to extend the time given?

Thanks for your reply in advance

Dorkey

Post by Dorkey » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:58 pm

Hiya all,

I just want to say a big thank you to all the moderators for guiding me to the right direction during my visa application. I received my visa letter today as granted for 30months and 15days. I am now going to wait for my BRP card

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:04 pm

I am glad that they started processing September applications. This gives some hope.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:26 pm

Congratulations! Must be such a relief, so happy for you. Stay blessed. x

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Papito213
Newly Registered

Post by Papito213 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:17 am

Dorkey wrote:Morning everyone,

I am looking at extending my FLRFP visa next week and I am worried. British child lives with me and father no longer communicates with us so abandoned his responsibility. How do I prove that I am now solely responsible for my child. What documents do I need to provide. I don't have anything from court. Also on the form it requires father's details who has parental responsibility for child. Do I need to fill in his details even though he has abandoned his responsibility?

Regards
Hi Dorkey,
Just wanted to confirm if you included his (son's father) details in your application and also if you choose the 5 year route or continued with the 10 year route. Am happy your your application was granted.
Thanks.

Dorkey

Post by Dorkey » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:07 am

Papito213 wrote:
Dorkey wrote:Morning everyone,

Regards
Hi Dorkey,
Just wanted to confirm if you included his (son's father) details in your application and also if you choose the 5 year route or continued with the 10 year route. Am happy your your application was granted.
Thanks.
I completed father's details on the form however didn't submit any documents relating to the father. My first application I choose 5year route however was granted 10year route so I choose the 10year route when extending.

Thanks