ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa success!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hannah27

Visa success!!

Post by hannah27 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:12 am

Hi all

Well after a lot of stress and worry my husband got his spousal visa issued to him from the british embassy in albania on friday and we flew back together last night.

Thanks again for everyones support and advice, this website helped a great deal in our application and the advice given was invaluable.

Hannah

clairey

Post by clairey » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:37 am

Urime Hannah!! Congratulations to you and your husband - you must be very relieved!!

hannah27

Post by hannah27 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:43 am

Thanks u, yes i am EXTEMELY relieved!! x

xhesika

URIME

Post by xhesika » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:07 am

URIME!
have been reading all your posts,congratulations and i wish you all the best! :D
chloe x
ChAnGe WhAt YoU cAn AcCePt WhAt YoU cAnT

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:56 am

Congratulations!

hignfu
Newly Registered

Post by hignfu » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:47 pm

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Thats great news.......xx

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:21 pm

congratulations!
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:02 pm

Fantastic news indeed.

sammie121

Post by sammie121 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:55 pm

Congrats.... im so glad for you xxxxx

SuzMcFluz
Newly Registered

Post by SuzMcFluz » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:26 am

Congratulations, I'm so happy for you both. Good luck with everything you do and best wishes for your future together.

I fly back out to Albania on Thursday and am getting married on Friday. We then start the Visa application process, I am fortunate enough to be able to stay in Albania with my husband to be and will be living with him and his family. I'm hoping if all goes well we will be coming back to England together early next year.

I have been reading various previous posts and its stories like yours that give me hope, it is such a nerve racking and stressfull time and really helps to hear others experiences.

hannah27

Post by hannah27 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:40 am

Thank u everyone for your congratulations, and please let me know of your success stories.

xx

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:58 am

On 2nd October, Hannah27 posted :-
I am a British Citizen and my finace is a Albanian citizen, he has lived in UK since 1999 and we have been together 2 and a half years. The past year has been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster with court cases and appeals. My fiance has now lost his last appeal and so on Sunday we will be flying out to Albania to get married and apply for a visa.
So yet more proof that an adverse UK immigration history is not an automatic bar to the issue of a spouse visa! Congratulations to the two of you. Have a long and happy life together in the UK.
John

tinux

Post by tinux » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:21 pm

very good news Hannah

I am pleased for both of you

jacquelineg
Newly Registered

Albania Visa Success

Post by jacquelineg » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:16 pm

Hi Hannah

Congratulations to both of you. I flew out to Albania last Saturday and got married on 3rd December. We filed our application at the Embassy on Thursday and have appointment for interview on 25th January. I was sad on the plane home yesterday but your story has given me confidence. Congrats again. I wish you and your husband a very happy christmas and happy life together.

Jacque x

hannah27

Post by hannah27 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:20 pm

thanks again everyone on your replies.

Jacquelineg congratulations on your marriage and dont worry you'll be fine and in just over a month you'll be together again in england.

xx

jacquelineg
Newly Registered

Visa Success

Post by jacquelineg » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:32 pm

Thanks Hannah. Hope you are right.

All we can do is be honest and trust they believe we are genuine. I met all his family and they could not have been more welcoming. What lovely people. We have lots of pictures together with our families. Is it worth taking them and our camcorder with our wedding on and the week we spend together?

Jacqueline x

hannah27

Post by hannah27 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:54 pm

Yes definately take all that, take as much as u can. especially photos with each others families. if u visit him take your flight confirmations from your bookings, cos they do ask in the interview how often u have visited and if u have come to the interview with your husband.
xx

jacquelineg
Newly Registered

Post by jacquelineg » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:56 am

Hi Hannah

Thanks for that. I have photocopies my passport pages with proof of entry and have the pink entry visa ticket.

How long did the interview last?
What type of questions did they ask?
Did they interview you?

xx

hannah27

Post by hannah27 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:33 pm

The interview lasted about 15 mins. They asked:
My work address (inc postcode)
My mobile number
my mum and dads names
My sister and brother names and ages
My job title
How old i was
Our home address
Why i moved in with him so soon after his asylum case was refused

I think thats it, tel your husband he needs to learn absolutly everything about you. I made a list of everything i could think of and just kept testing my hubby over and over again, cos things like work address he didnt know cos he never wrote to me!

I didnt get interviewed i had to wait in the waiting room whilst he was in there then they said they would call us within 2 days and they phoned the next morning and said coms and get your visa this afternoon. So be prepared that u wont find out the decision on the actual day of the interview. They seemed to have changed it recently.

xx

jacquelineg
Newly Registered

Post by jacquelineg » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:49 pm

Thanks Hannah

Yes, I typed a list of things about me and my family for him to keep checking. Like my job, address, work address, daughter's birthday etc. Similar stuff to what they have asked you. I had better get him to learn my mobile as he just uses stored numbers like everyone does and I'm sure he doesn't know it.

So will keep testing him.

xx

hannah27

Post by hannah27 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:22 pm

Yes def learn the mobile number cos they ask quite a few people that. They also asked for my husbands mob no. but he doesnt know it, so the interviewer just laughed and said i dont know mine either! I know his numbers but thats just cos i got a good memory but he just goes to hannah on his phone and pushes call! Suppose its good to learn in case of emergency anyway but i think he's probably forgot mine by now!!
Oh and they also asked:
the date we met
Where we met
How we met
When we started going out
So make sure he knows all those dates. And learn your middle name, your daughters middle name, and your parents middle names just in case.

xx

jacquelineg
Newly Registered

Married Life

Post by jacquelineg » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:07 am

Hi Hannah

How is married life going?

Are you finally living a "normal" life? Work, shopping, not looking over your shoulder etc. It must be great. You must be so relieved.

It's getting nearer to hubby's interview date (25th). Fingers crossed. My flight is on 24th and return on 27th.

Congrats again.

Jacque x

hannah27

Post by hannah27 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:10 am

Hello!

Married life is grat thanks, and yes no more worrying although to be honest it still hasnt really sunk in yet! It feels like going to albania and getting married was a dream, it doesnt feel like ive been apart from him, its very strange!!

Good luck wiv your date im sure you'll be fine, please let me know how u get on.

:D

hannah xx