ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit from other visa?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Marcuspt
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family Permit Cohabitation

Post by Marcuspt » Fri May 20, 2016 10:38 am

Richard W wrote:
Marcuspt wrote:If I apply directly for the EEA2 RC then I will have to resign from my job.
Why? Your YMS visa doesn't expire until the end of July.
Because my application will still be processing after my YMS visa expires, and the COA i receive will not confirm my right to work as I am applying as an unmarried partner (someone correct me if i'm wrong here?). So yes, I can work until the end of July then have to resign while it is being processed........
noajthan wrote: I think it would be a stronger case if you were applying in 6 months time ie with approx 2 years covered by the 2 joint tenancy agreements that you have.
So if I apply in November, when we have 2 years solid evidence with tenancy agreements etc, we have a much better chance of being approved yes?

A couple more questions please, if someone can help with some advice:

1) If my EEA Family Permit or EEA2 Residence Card application is refused, does this negatively affect my immigration history and any future UK visa applications?
2) Is it possible to reapply after a refusal?
3) Would this be a possible scenario: I apply for the EEA2 visa, and receive a COA while it is being processed for 3-6 months. During that time, I amass the full 2 years of solid cohabitation evidence (ie. full 2 years with an official joint lease amongst other things), then withdraw my application and reapply/receive a refusal and reapply?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri May 20, 2016 11:05 am

Marcuspt wrote:...
noajthan wrote: I think it would be a stronger case if you were applying in 6 months time ie with approx 2 years covered by the 2 joint tenancy agreements that you have.
So if I apply in November, when we have 2 years solid evidence with tenancy agreements etc, we have a much better chance of being approved yes?

A couple more questions please, if someone can help with some advice:

1) If my EEA Family Permit or EEA2 Residence Card application is refused, does this negatively affect my immigration history and any future UK visa applications?
2) Is it possible to reapply after a refusal?
3) Would this be a possible scenario: I apply for the EEA2 visa, and receive a COA while it is being processed for 3-6 months. During that time, I amass the full 2 years of solid cohabitation evidence (ie. full 2 years with an official joint lease amongst other things), then withdraw my application and reapply/receive a refusal and reapply?
I have given my opinion (as a layperson, with no connection to HO) to your chances of success based on your stated situation and your amount and types of evidence. My opinion is based on the reasons I have already explained above.

1) No it should not.

2) Yes, many do - and some succeed as can be seen within the forum from other members' experiences.

Here's an example:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 07507.html

3) Seems complicated but I suppose it could be done that way.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 20, 2016 11:18 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Marcuspt
Newly Registered

Post by Marcuspt » Sun May 22, 2016 11:28 am

Thanks for the info, it's really helpful. I have to speak to my employer this week and figure out the best way forward.

A few more questions as I start to pull an application together...

1. If my application is refuses and I have no other valid visa at the time, how long do I have to leave the country OR reapply? If i leave, would I be classed as an overstayer?

2. For documents in languages other than English, do these need to be translated by an official company, or can they be self-translated?

3. For letters (for example from my partners mother stating we were living with her for 1 month) does this need to be a statutory declaration/certified in any way?

4. On the COA without right to work - is it that i am not permitted to work or just that they cannot confirm? Ie. Is my employer still allowed to employ me (if they are comfortable with the COA not confirming) or will they risk penalties, as the COA (without confirmation) is not on the list of acceptable documents for employers to prove an employees right to work?

DingDong

Post by DingDong » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:53 am

Hello Marcuspt,

Anychance can you please share your experience that how did you get if you have already applied for FP from Dubai and did they made any objection ? basically I would like to do the same as I am relocating to UK (I am Irish) and will be applying for a FP for my mum she is currently in Pakistan but visiting me soon on a visit visa so I will going to apply from visa office in Dublin. So just wondering how did you get on..

Thanks

Marcuspt
Newly Registered

Post by Marcuspt » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:03 pm

Hi HamzaCork,

I got the visa approved in Dubai. I made the application online, booked the appointment for the 13th and flew into the country on the 11th. At the border I got the entrance stamp (I'm Australian so i get 30 days visa-free).

The only objection they had was that they were unaware of the visa-free status of Australians, so they almost did not accept my application without evidence of a formal visitor visa - but I managed to convince them.

I paid for the priority processing (around £150) and received my passport with the EEA Family Permit inside on the 16th - 4 working days later.

Hope that helps!
Marcus

DingDong

Post by DingDong » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:16 pm

Hello Marcuspt,

That's a fantastic news, just one more thing to ask what address did you put in the Part 3 'Your Contact Details' from what I understand it would be your's UK address please find the image below that what I am referring to.
https://postimg.org/image/jr9ry6xhj/

Many thanks
Hamza

Marcuspt
Newly Registered

Post by Marcuspt » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:48 pm

Hi HamzaCork,

I put my London address in as that's where I live, and because my application was reliant on living with my unmarried partner. As yours is a direct family member application I'm not sure if living together is a requisite - I would just put her actual address in Pakistan, but someone on here may be able to give you better advice!

evadk
Newly Registered

Post by evadk » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:31 pm

Marcuspt wrote:Hi HamzaCork,

I got the visa approved in Dubai. I made the application online, booked the appointment for the 13th and flew into the country on the 11th. At the border I got the entrance stamp (I'm Australian so i get 30 days visa-free).

The only objection they had was that they were unaware of the visa-free status of Australians, so they almost did not accept my application without evidence of a formal visitor visa - but I managed to convince them.

I paid for the priority processing (around £150) and received my passport with the EEA Family Permit inside on the 16th - 4 working days later.

Hope that helps!
Marcus
Hey Marcus,

Congrats mate!
I'm about to do the same kind of thing.
Dubai is far though- It seems none of the Visa Processing Centres in Germany, Belgium etc offer the priority service for EEA Family Permits!(?)

You mentioned that your YMV expired in late July, but you got the FP in June; so upon your return, your Youth Mob was forfeited and you entered on FP?