ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Stanic

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by Stanic » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:07 pm

jumanufer wrote:Thak you all guys. Here is my timeline in case is useful for other applicants.
I applied as EU citizen, living in Ireland for 14 years
Application sent on January 27th, received on the 28th
Second stage letter sent on February 11th (15 days since applied)
I asked on March 23rd of the status and they confirmed advance stage.
Approval letter was issued yesterday June 27th and received today on 28th (153 days since applied)

Tomorrow I will send the bank draft etc.

One note, I am Italian citizen on top of my birth nationality (Argentina). In the letter they are asking for my GNIB card which of course I do not have, but I think the letter is the formal one, so will send a letter supporting bank draft and photographs and advising about the card, just in case.

All seems to be in order and should be fine for the oath on September 19th :-)

My wife doesn't have a GNIB card either as we are in the North, but yes it looks like a formal letter. I wasn't sure if submitting the card was just so people don't have it anymore or if it's important for the final part.

Think they are getting thousands of passport applications in from the UK so not sure if that has a knock on effect to slow email responses from them

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:08 pm

jumanufer wrote:Do we need to write the application number in the back of the bank draft? It doesn't say anything
    I just posted them the €950, my pictures and gnib card. What i did. Since the bank gave me a different envelope for the bank draft i still wrote my application number including my name on the back of the envelope just in case. Then i put it to another bigger envelope with passport photos(with your application number written as stated) and my gnib card.

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:16 pm

To everyone still waiting. Theyre still more approval letters that is going to be sent. Dont worry. You will get there... i know it is frustrating and its affecting your day. If you know u havent done anything that can prejudice your application process then you dont need to worry. Sometimes the problem is on their end as to why it is getting slow(maybe your files from different agencies hasnt come back yet or what not)
    Nevertheless u will get it any other way. They will ask u for more documents or explanation, if they found out something. I applied january 18,2016 and received my first and second letter combine january 29,2016. And after that it was a total silence. Never heard anything til last monday. I was scared and paranoid too eventhough i know im clean. So just take it easy. Live each day with a positive thought.
    Last edited by pixie12 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LuckyL
    Newly Registered

Post by LuckyL » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:18 pm

pixie12 wrote:
      jumanufer wrote:Do we need to write the application number in the back of the bank draft? It doesn't say anything
      I just posted them the €950, my pictures and gnib card. What i did. Since the bank gave me a different envelope for the bank draft i still wrote my application number including my name on the back of the envelope just in case. Then i put it to another bigger envelope with passport photos(with your application number written and my gnib card.
      I posted 950 bank draft and pictures this morning. I wrote the CITZ number on the back of the photographs and on the back of the envelope. I hope that is enough. Didn't wrote anything on the back of the bank draft itself. Do you know if they post out the receipt or acknowledgement letter for the fees?

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:24 pm

LuckyL wrote:
      pixie12 wrote:
        I just posted them the €950, my pictures and gnib card. What i did. Since the bank gave me a different envelope for the bank draft i still wrote my application number including my name on the back of the envelope just in case. Then i put it to another bigger envelope with passport photos(with your application number written and my gnib card.
        I posted 950 bank draft and pictures this morning. I wrote the CITZ number on the back of the photographs and on the back of the envelope. I hope that is enough. Didn't wrote anything on the back of the bank draft itself. Do you know if they post out the receipt or acknowledgement letter for the fees?
        You dont write anything at the back of the bank draft. I put it at the back of the envelope where the bank draft is and inserted it to the MAIN envelope i am using including my pictures and gnib(so theres an envelope inserted at the Main envelope, if that make sense). As that was the advice given to me by the teller at the bank. I also put the citz reference number at the back of the main envelope and at the back of the passport photos( as stated in the letter).
        Regarding the receipt. I am not sure to be honest. I HEARD SOME people call them or email them to verify if the INIS has received it. I also used registered post to track it online, just to be on the safe side. Coz its not a small amount lol

LuckyL
        Newly Registered

Post by LuckyL » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:36 pm

You dont write anything at the back of the bank draft. I put it at the back of the envelope where the bank draft is and inserted it to the MAIN envelope i am using including my pictures and gnib(so theres an envelope inserted at the Main envelope, if that make sense). As that was the advice given to me by the teller at the bank. I also put the citz reference number at the back of the main envelope and at the back of the passport photos( as stated in the letter).
        Regarding the receipt. I am not sure to be honest. I HEARD SOME people call them or email them to verify if the INIS has received it. I also used registered post to track it online, just to be on the safe side. Coz its not a small amount lol
        That's great. We all should be grand. Let's wait for the ceremony invitation now :D

dublin7777

Post by dublin7777 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:49 pm

@ Pixie 12, lol I remembered last week when posted the email replied I got from inis, then you Said was the same email u got from inis. Hopefully mine is coming this week then . Finger cross .

jenn_jem
        Newly Registered

Post by jenn_jem » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:38 pm

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to say that I received my letter today to say that I have been awarded my Naturalisation..... Next step ceremony....
        Thank you so much for all the support guys... Hope you all hear good news soon too!!

dublin7777

Post by dublin7777 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 pm

Are we still getting more approval s :) it seems to be quiet

Rayyan1986
        Newly Registered

Post by Rayyan1986 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:23 pm

dublin7777 wrote:Are we still getting more approval s :) it seems to be quiet
        Yes it seems very quiet at the moment its long wait

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:43 pm

dublin7777 wrote:Are we still getting more approval s :) it seems to be quiet
        Hi try to be patience, which I know it is not easy, as I am sure they will keep issuing letter for the next 3 weeks or maybe even till end of July. Maybe then they will stop till the ceremony. I really hope you will get it next week latest!

LuckyL
        Newly Registered

Post by LuckyL » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:14 pm

Anyone know when they start sending out the ceremony invitations?

dublin7777

Post by dublin7777 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:44 pm

@ Janufer. Will see how it's goes thanks for yr encouragement once again congratulation.

Stanic

Post by Stanic » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:51 am

ON the bankers draft, are people just putting the "Secretary General" part mentioned in the letter? Or also the full address for County Tipperary as well?

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:14 am

Stanic wrote:ON the bankers draft, are people just putting the "Secretary General" part mentioned in the letter? Or also the full address for County Tipperary as well?
        Hi, the whole name is too long so the bank put General Secretary, Dept of JUstice
        That should make it, forget about address, that only for the envelop.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:22 am

LuckyL wrote:Anyone know when they start sending out the ceremony invitations?
        Hi, my wife took the ceremony on April 26th and she got the invitation 3 or even 2 weeks before. I do not know if that is the norm, if so we should get it early September.
        In any case, make your payment asap and send everything to them, then we have just to wait. I wouldn't expect any formal invitation in July.

dublin7777

Post by dublin7777 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:44 am

Finally, Inis replied my email this morning that a correspondent has been issued out to me 2 days ago that I should get same corespondent in few days .
        I am curious and shaking I dont know what it is . I will keep ye updated. Thanks

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:50 am

dublin7777 wrote:Finally, Inis replied my email this morning that a correspondent has been issued out to me 2 days ago that I should get same corespondent in few days .
        I am curious and shaking I dont know what it is . I will keep ye updated. Thanks
        That is great, surely it is good news. At least you will know soon, and hopefully you will take part of the next oath

Rayyan1986
        Newly Registered

Post by Rayyan1986 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:58 am

dublin7777 wrote:Finally, Inis replied my email this morning that a correspondent has been issued out to me 2 days ago that I should get same corespondent in few days .
        Congratulations in advance dublin 7777 thas really great news hope for the best

dublin7777

Post by dublin7777 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:42 pm

:) guys I don't know if it's an acknowledgement letter relating to a rumous letter which I wrote a day before this correspondence was issued out to me. See below for the email. People what do you think?

Hi **********,

Correspondence in relation to your application has issued to you 28 June.
        You should receive same in the coming days.

Regards,

Citizenship Division

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:49 pm

dublin7777 wrote::) guys I don't know if it's an acknowledgement letter relating to a rumous letter which I wrote a day before this correspondence was issued out to me. See below for the email. People what do you think?

Hi **********,

Correspondence in relation to your application has issued to you 28 June.
        You should receive same in the coming days.

Regards,

Citizenship Division

These days they are sending the approvals
        So I'm sure yours is on the post. I woukd be very surprised if it is a request for more information

dublin7777

Post by dublin7777 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:14 pm

@ Janufer thank you. Will see now till tomorrow although my solicitor has not call me yet and he did not know I wrote a remorseful letter to them on the 27th before this correspondence was sent out in the 28th .So will see .I hope is not an acknowledgementt tho.
        I will update you guys thanks you for yr adivice.

Rayyan1986
        Newly Registered

Post by Rayyan1986 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:50 pm

dublin7777 wrote:@ Janufer thank you. Will see now till tomorrow although my solicitor has not call me yet and he did not know I wrote a remorseful letter to them on the 27th before this correspondence was sent out in the 28th .So will see .I hope is not an acknowledgementt tho.
        U ll be fine hope for the best I v sent them 4 email atleast in last 4 days but no reply even not answering their phones as well

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:55 pm

Rayyan1986 wrote:
        dublin7777 wrote:@ Janufer thank you. Will see now till tomorrow although my solicitor has not call me yet and he did not know I wrote a remorseful letter to them on the 27th before this correspondence was sent out in the 28th .So will see .I hope is not an acknowledgementt tho.
        U ll be fine hope for the best I v sent them 4 email atleast in last 4 days but no reply even not answering their phones as well
        I think that is changing. I sent them an email on Monday asking for the status (got my letter on Tuesday). today they replied it saying the letter was sent. they must have been working on the letters, because before I was getting almost live answers!!

kristine015

Post by kristine015 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:20 pm

Hi everyone received my approval letter for Citizenship dated 21st June. They are asking for €950 euro by bank draft, 2 passport photographs and GNIB card,

My problem is I live in Northern Ireland and I don't have GNIB card but Permanent Residents card and it's a sticker that is inside my passport.

I'm also confused because the last requirement states; "Original Irish travel document (If applicable). Please do not send your own national passport."

My Permanet Residents card is for Northern Ireland and UK and as mentioned earlier it is in sticker form and stuck inside passport.

My question is do I need to send my passport to the Inis and will they give them back to me? I'm worried because it also stated in the requirements that GNIB cards wont be sent back. If my PRCard is equivalent to GNIB card they might not send my passport back?