ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial Requirement - bank stationery

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

John Green

Financial Requirement - bank stationery

Post by John Green » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:08 pm

I meet the Financial Requirement to being my overseas spouse into the UK.

However, my money is in an online account in this country. I will ask this online bank to supply a statement of transactions for 6 months.

The issue is one of presentation. I know that some banks these days only print out transactions on ordinary A4 sized copy paper. One the top is the name and logo of the bank, and a few other details. However, the transactions are printed out in colour on what looks like an ordinary colour printer.

So the whole thing looks like an effort made on a home computer with a colour printer, even though the bank produces it. Nonetheless, this is what some online banks consider as "official bank stationery."

Would this be accepted by UKVI?

I should add that as an online account, there are no bank branches to stamp and sign a statement.