ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can anyone decipher this immigration rule for me?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xyzpaul
Newly Registered

Post by xyzpaul » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:03 am

Thanks!

284. The requirements for an extension of stay as the spouse of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom are that:
(i) the applicant has limited leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom which was given in accordance with any of the provisions of these Rules, other than where as a result of that leave he would not have been in the United Kingdom beyond 6 months from the date on which he was admitted to the United Kingdom on this occasion in accordance with these Rules, unless the leave in question is limited leave to enter as a fiance or proposed civil partner; and
(ii)...

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:31 pm

It means that you can extend your stay into spouse dependent if you are in the UK as either a spouse, or a fiancee, or a proposed civil partner, or another visa which was valid for more than six months.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

katatonia
Newly Registered

Post by katatonia » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:23 am

Hi there, it's first time for me to post here so excuse me if my English is not perfect.
I have been in your place before and i did appeal the decision, but my appeal was not allowed and i had to go home and apply again and i got my spouse visa.

best way u go and get your entry clearnce from your country unless you have very exceptional circumstances which make your appeal allowed .
notice waiting time for my appeal was a year, so think about don’t waste time and money.