ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Original Docs not taken by VFS for OCI Application

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sam76
Newly Registered

Original Docs not taken by VFS for OCI Application

Post by sam76 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:16 am

Folks
I submitted my OCI application yesterday for myself and family and was surprised that VFS not only did NOT take any of my original docs such as Revoked Indian Passport, surrender certificate, marriage certificate, birth certificate for kids, etc, they did not even take a look at these originals.

All they took was the self certified copies of Naturalization Cert, British Passport, Surrender Cert, application form and the declaration form.

Is that normal? I was under the impression that they took all these docs along with a prepaid self addressed envelope and sent them back in a few days time having verified the self certified copies against the originals.

Could someone who experienced the same confirm this.

Many Thanks in advanace
Sam

FayEng

Re: Original Docs not taken by VFS for OCI Application

Post by FayEng » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:30 am

Hi Sam

This was the case for my wife as well.

I had to submit original surrender certificate but they did not ask for my wife. We both received our OCI cards now

hope this helps

Fay

sam76
Newly Registered

Post by sam76 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:39 am

FayEng wrote:Hi Sam

This was the case for my wife as well.

I had to submit original surrender certificate but they did not ask for my wife. We both received our OCI cards now

hope this helps

Fay
Thanks Fay. May I also compare notes with you on another point.
I received 4 texts, one per head, for OCI application acknowledgement for myself, wife and 2 kids. But I only received one email (for my daughter alone) - no other email acknowledgements for the other 3 applicants. Seems a bit random - I would have hoped I would see 4 email acknowledgements. I am being a bit paranoid I am sure but I had to nudge the vfs person on a few things yesterday else they would have missed taking a few copies/photos from me and it has eroded my confidence

FayEng

Post by FayEng » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:50 am

Hi Sam

As long as you have received the texts its fine. Just calm down you will see things falling in place.

Be prepared for another surprise when you submit your British passport after the OCI is approved. You wont get an acknowledgement.

I had the same sort of anxiety but the system works

Fay