ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child and Wife are T1 G Dependents for ILR Applicant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dharmavaramcr
Newly Registered

Child and Wife are T1 G Dependents for ILR Applicant

Post by dharmavaramcr » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:20 pm

Hi All,

Could you please guide me in applying visa for my wife and daughter (2 years old)?

Here is the situation:

I have got my ILR now and planning to apply visa for my Wife and Daughter through post. My wife has come to UK in November 2012 and I know she is not eligible to apply for ILR until she completes living 5 years in UK.
My daughter was born back in India. And she has tier 1 general dependent visa which is due to expire in the month of September.
I am planning to apply as Tier 1 (G) extension for my wife.
Is it possible for my daughter to apply as ILR dependent?.

The reason that I have asked this question because . . When my wife extends her visa under PBS, after 1.5 years she will be applying for ILR under 5 year route. So in this case if I apply ILR dependent for my daughter now (she will get an extension for 2.5 years )
Once me and my wife having ILR then I can apply for my daughter as well.
So in this process I don't have to pay £1875 under PBS Dependent for my daughter application.
Instead I can apply for ILR dependent which is round £811 and I can save more than 1000 pounds.

Is my understanding correct . . Please confirm n help.

Please suggest someone if this sounds right? And also please help in using the right application forms?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child and Wife are T1 G Dependents for ILR Applicant

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:27 pm

Your understanding is not correct.

The child will have to apply for the same visa category as the mother. So they either both apply for PBS Dep extension or they both apply to switch to FLR(M) spouse/child of settled person.

On what basis did you obtain ILR (10 years long residence or 5 years PBS migrant)??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:07 pm

Children born abroad to parents not having British citizenship at the time of birth have the same UK immigration status as the less-privileged parent.

So, as CR001 has advised, the status of the child will be the same as the status of the mother.

The status of the mother is determined by your answer to CR001's question.
CR001 wrote:On what basis did you obtain ILR (10 years long residence or 5 years PBS migrant)??
The child will require ILR before registering as a British citizen and can register when either both parents are British citizens or one is a British citizen and the other has ILR.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

dharmavaramcr
Newly Registered

Post by dharmavaramcr » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:08 pm

Hi Char,

I have applied under Tier 1 General 5 years route.

What if I apply to switch to FLR(M) spouse/child visa. Does my wife's earlier stay since NOV 2012 will be counted towards ILR?

Could you please give me the reference to UKBA immigration rules where it say's NOT counted towards ILR, if visa switched from Tier 1 to FLR (M)?

Thanks.
Chakri
Last edited by dharmavaramcr on Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:12 pm

The quickest route to ILR for your dependents is to apply for Tier 1 G dependent extensions for both of them. Costly I know, but there is no different route you can take, i.e. one route for mother and one route for child.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dharmavaramcr
Newly Registered

Post by dharmavaramcr » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:17 pm

Hi,

What if I apply to switch to FLR(M) spouse/child visa. Does my wife's earlier stay since NOV 2012 will be counted towards ILR?

Could you please give me the reference to UKBA immigration rules where it say's NOT counted towards ILR, if visa switched from Tier 1 to FLR (M)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:22 pm

dharmavaramcr wrote:Hi,

What if I apply to switch to FLR(M) spouse/child visa. Does my wife's earlier stay since NOV 2012 will be counted towards ILR? No, it does not count, she will lose the time she has spent here and will be on a new 5 year route (2 x 2.5 year visas) to ILR

Could you please give me the reference to UKBA immigration rules where it say's NOT counted towards ILR, if visa switched from Tier 1 to FLR (M)? See below and the links in the text, the rules changed in April 2014.
Dependents of ILR Economic 5 Year Route Applicants (click)
Dependants of PBS (Tier 1 General, Tier 2) migrants
Spouse / Partner
1. The dependant is subject to qualifying residential period to be eligible for settlement. For the duration of qualifying residential period and associated conditions that may apply, see Note below.

2. If the dependant has completed the relevant qualifying residential period at a time that the principal migrant applies for settlement and meets the other requirements then the dependant may be included in the principal migrant's settlement application.

3. If the dependant has not completed the qualified qualifying residential period at the time that the principal PBS migrant applies for settlement, then:

a) If the PBS dependant's current leave will expire after he/she has completed the qualifying period and the dependant meets the other requirements for settlement then the dependant may apply for settlement directly (319E).

b) If the PBS dependant's current leave will expire before he/she completes the qualifying period then the dependant can apply , before his/her current leave expires, to extend his/her PBS dependant leave until such time that he/she becomes eligible for settlement (319C and 319D). Though switching to FLR(M) leave is also an option but anyone switching to FLR(M) on or after 06-Aprl-14 will have his/her ILR clock reset, i.e. - time spent in UK as PBS dependant will not count towards qualifying residential period for settlement.

c) Doctor / dentist dependant with employment restriction - For PBS dependant who is a doctor / dentist but does not satisfy 319D(b)(iii) may consider switching to FLR(M) at the earliest opportunity to become free from the employment restriction, instead of continuing on PBS dependant leave. Do note that, as mentioned above, anyone switching to FLR(M) on or after 06-Apr-14 will have his / her ILR clock reset, i.e. - time spent in UK as PBS dependant will not count towards qualifying residential period for settlement.

Note:
Entry clearance application as PBS dependant submitted before 09-Jul-12: The PBS dependant will be subject to rules in place before 09-Jul-12 if the dependant keeps extending leave as PBS dependant or if switching to FLR(M) the most recent FLR(M) application was before 06-Ap-2014. The PBS dependant must have lived with the principal PBS migrant in the UK for at least 2 years in a marital relationship, civil partnership or in relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership (319E(d)(i)). This "2 year" period need not be as a "dependant". These requirements and conditions apply both when extending leave as PBS dependant (319E(d)(i)) or if switching to FLR(M) leave (287(a)(i)(d) or 287(a)(i)(e)) before 06-Apr-2014 to complete the 2 years period to become eligible for settlement.

Entry clearance application as PBS dependant submitted on/after 09-Jul-12: The PBS dependant will be subject to the new rules introduced on 09-Jul-12. The PBS dependant will be eligible for settlement only after completing 5 year probationary period as a dependant of the principal migrant (319E(d)(ii) or E-ILRP.1.3.).

Wise to extend PBS dependant leave to become eligible for settlement rather than switching to FLR(M)
Any PBS dependant (even if EC applied for before 09-Jul-12) switching to or extending FLR(M) or applying for entry clearance as spouse of settled person / British citizen on or after 06-Apr-2014 will be bound by Appendix FM (and not Part 8 ) of the immigration rules to qualify for settlement. In other words, any FLR(M) application on or after 06-Apr-14 will reset the ILR clock, and an applicant will then be eligible for settlement only after 5 years of being granted this FLR(M) leave.

"Continuous leave" is expected, but absences are permitted. *** Probably unchanged? ***
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:23 pm

dharmavaramcr wrote:What if I apply to switch to FLR(M) spouse/child visa. Does my wife's earlier stay since NOV 2012 will be counted towards ILR?
No.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dharmavaramcr
Newly Registered

Post by dharmavaramcr » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:53 am

I have last 2 questions :

Q1:
My Wife and Daughter (T1 General Dependent) visa is valid until 11th of September 2016.

If i wish to apply for as PBS dependent, When I can apply the extension visa for them? i,e how many days before?

What If I take the ILR Dependent route (FLR (M))When I can swich the visa for them?

Q2:
My Wife has been granted with Tier 1 Depndent visa for the fist time in the month of November 2012.
She went back to india after her 2nd time Tier 1 extension visa for an year (our of country from September 2013 to November 2014).
If she extends her Visa now for another 3 years (based on PBS Dependent), will she be eligible for ILR under 5 years route as PBS Depedenten)?

Her Total Stay:
November 2012 - September 2013 - UK
September 2013 - November 2014 - INDIA
November 2014 - Till date - UK

Finally, when she will be eligible for ILR? Please help in this regard.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:59 am

Q1:
My Wife and Daughter (T1 General Dependent) visa is valid until 11th of September 2016.

If i wish to apply for as PBS dependent, When I can apply the extension visa for them? i,e how many days before? They can apply within 28 days before the expiry of their current visa.

What If I take the ILR Dependent route (FLR (M))When I can swich the visa for them? At any time BEFORE their current visa expires.
Q2:
My Wife has been granted with Tier 1 Depndent visa for the fist time in the month of November 2012.
She went back to india after her 2nd time Tier 1 extension visa for an year (our of country from September 2013 to November 2014).
If she extends her Visa now for another 3 years (based on PBS Dependent), will she be eligible for ILR under 5 years route as PBS Depedenten)? Yes, absence is not an issue. There is no absence limit for dependents.
Finally, when she will be eligible for ILR?
In November 2017 if she and child remains on PBS Dependent.
In 2021 if she and child switches this year to FLR(M).
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dharmavaramcr
Newly Registered

Post by dharmavaramcr » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:08 am

I might take the route of PBS dependent for both. But it is proving to be very costly because of this:

NOW - PBS Dependents Visa Fees + Heath Surcharge
Later in 2017 again ILR fees for both.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks lot for all your valuable information. :) :)

dharmavaramcr
Newly Registered

Post by dharmavaramcr » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:16 am

One last question Please:

I have been maintaining around £2000 pounds as maintenance funds for my Wife and Daughter. Will that be sufficent?

Actual amount to show for each person is £630, is this correct??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:21 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:41 am

dharmavaramcr wrote:I might take the route of PBS dependent for both. But it is proving to be very costly because of this:

NOW - PBS Dependents Visa Fees + Heath Surcharge
Later in 2017 again ILR fees for both.
:cry: :cry:

Thanks lot for all your valuable information. :) :)
Had your daughter been born in the UK, she could have registered straightaway as a British citizen after you got ILR and you could have saved a small fortune. :|

The choices we make have consequences.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.