ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport and dependent visa for newborn in India – sharing e

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bsc2007
India

Passport and dependent visa for newborn in India – sharing e

Post by bsc2007 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:36 pm

Dear friends,

My new-born daughter received her Tier 2 dependent visa last week. Although there are other threads on this topic, I thought to share my experience in hope that this helps someone in future.

Getting passport:
Get the birth certificate asap. This is probably the only document you need for your child’s passport. Getting passport for the newborn is a very neat and streamlined process. However, there are two catches.
1. It is important that husband and wife have each other’s name added to the spouse section of their passport. For some reason, the marriage certificate is not given the due weightage. Nevertheless, you can submit the marriage certificate in support if you don’t have the names added.
2. The baby has to go to the passport office (for her biometrics and thumb impression) and perhaps to the police station for police verification as well – if the spouse names are not added to passports.

The documents required for the passport were:
1. Completed online application
2. Passport size photographs (of the newborn!)
3. Birth Certificate
4. Parent’s marriage certificate
5. Father’s passport front-back photocopy
6. Mother’s passport front-back photocopy
7. Recent address proof in father’s name (gosh! – My passport had a different address. I managed it by providing bank passbook with new address)

Done! You will receive passport in almost no time! The service and care taken in the passport office was remarkable!

Getting visa:
Now comes the dirty part… I wont go into the tragedies in detail. Will just write the list of documents required:

1. Completed application form
2. TB certificate!
(My baby was only 3 weeks old but the UKVI idiots required the tests! It was a hellish experience to wait for our turn in hospital while my daughter was crying. I lost my cool and argued with the white lady at hospital – but she was merciless)
3. Child’s original passport
4. Father’s passport photocopy ALL PAGES (main Tier 2 applicant)
5. Mother’s passport photocopy front-back
6. Bank statements showing £630 for 90 days (luckily for me, a printout of Barclays cloudit statements were accepted – I didn’t had the originals with me in India – as they were in UK).
7. IHS certificate.
(Although you don’t have to pay anything, yet the number is required). I had to go out of VFS office and hunt nearby cyber café to get this)
8. Birth certificate
9. Parent’s marriage certificate (very important if the spouses’ names are not added on passport. I understand the strictness is due to child trafficking)
10. Tenancy agreement
11. Covering letter (I wrote a long one explaining unavailability of my original bank statements and that I needed more than 30 days visa window)
And I was still not sure if this was enough. They took biometric photograph of my daughter (again somewhat indifferently or rudely). There were no proper facilities for baby feeding, etc in VFS Juhu, Mumbai.

My daughter got her visa which expires on 14th October (same date as mine). I understand that I have to collect biometric from local post office. I am not yet sure how this works. But this can only happen after my daughter arrives in UK (late August) I suppose (?).

I cant stress enough the need to REGULARLY visit our beloved immigrationboards.com regularly. I hadn’t visited for a while and I did not know:
1. Anything about IHS payments (wonder how I missed the entire health service issue!)
2. That extending visa from India is not possible and it will be treated as new entry (entry clearance)
3. That such an ‘entry clearance’ will mess up the ILR for my wife
4. And indeed that my wife doesn’t get the ILR automatically when I get it
5. And that we have a 30 day window to collect the biometric card (I am still not sure how this works).

I have typed the above hurriedly. Sorry for any mistakes. Please post if anyone needs any help.

Many thanks & kind regards,
B

smb2015

Re: Passport and dependent visa for newborn in India – shari

Post by smb2015 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:07 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience, this really helps others.
Regarding your child's passport, you mentioned that both parents should have each other's name in their passport. I thought they just want either of the parent's name on passport, like husband's name on wife's passport. Is it really mandatory to have both the spouses name on each other's passport ?

Also,one of my friend has filed UK dependent visa for his 4 month old daughter and he said we didn't need to do TB test for it as she was too young.

bsc2007
India

Post by bsc2007 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:25 pm

Hi,

I am sorry. Yes, you are correct - EITHER of the parent's should have the spouse name added to his/her passport. My wordings are a bit misleading. Even this is not mandatory - but very good to have.

The child HAS to go for the health checkup. They check weight, height and some silly stuff. It is extremely frustrating for a very small baby to have to go through this. However, if you are applying from India/other TB test countries - it is a must! I am 100% sure about this information. If you/your friend is applying from within the UK, the child does not have to go for any tests.

Kind regards,
B

Div118
Newly Registered

Post by Div118 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:50 pm

Hai,
I am applying for my 9 month old childs dependent visa next week. Did u submit any photos or call historylogs as evidences?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:56 pm

Div118 wrote:Hai,
I am applying for my 9 month old childs dependent visa next week. Did u submit any photos or call historylogs as evidences?
Please continue in your own topic rather than dig up one that is almost a year old.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.