ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Application In INDIA

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

OCI Application In INDIA

Post by tamilmaran » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:46 pm

Hi there,
Has anyone recently applied OCI in India..? How long it take in India. You experience , if you could share here will be more useful. Thanks .
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

salonbalm

Re: OCI Application In INDIA

Post by salonbalm » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:30 am

Hi,
I went to FRRO delhi to apply for OCI for my 6 month old daugther who was born in UK.

They whole system is crazy, they have their own rules for every case. e.g. my daughter has a UK birth certificate which they wont accept until I get it apostiled in India. The problem is that British embassy in India dont legalise the document in India so we can get it apostile in India.Now I think the option is to send the birth certificate to UK and get it leagalised there, but dont tknow if it will be accepted even after this as it will stil be a UK document.

Anyone else went through the same problem?

Thanks,

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Re: OCI Application In INDIA

Post by tamilmaran » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:43 pm

Thanks for your reply.. I thought it might me more simple as it is done in India(prepared in India), inspite of we applying any parts of the world.
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===