ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship application over 6 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newsoul
Newly Registered

British Citizenship application over 6 months

Post by newsoul » Fri May 13, 2016 8:29 pm

Hi All,

I would like if you could help me.

I applied for a naturalisation on the 5th of August 2015, a spouse of a British national.

I have been living in the UK for 4 Years and Married for 6 Years and 8 years of relationship, no criminal records, no fines.

I received an approval on the 8 of December, ceremony was booked and everything was fine, a month later i received an other letter sating that my citizenship was prematurely approved, i send many letter to the Home office for explanation, and opened a request through my local MP and till today we haven't receive a clear response why this is happening.

It has been 9 and half months since i applied and no correspondence received from the HO.

The only think i can think of is that i have split up with my ex and we both decided to move on after 6 years, we still married but her dad was asking for money and was asking for a settlement, and he seem to knew everything about me private informations, also he the kind that always want to ruin peoples life if he doesn't get his way, do you think he can interfere with my application?

The last thing he said when i refused to give them any money since my ex was the one asking for divorce, he said you only got married with my daughter for papers and he will not let this go.

I am not concerned if he did something because i have all evidence, emails, conversation that we were in love, I have millions of our holiday pictures etc... I always supported her, we have lived together for 3 and half years (1 years renting in her parent's empty house).

I just found the delay and this drama to coincide at the same time, i just need your help if i should be concerned, what is the next step to take and has anyone received any letters like the one i received (prematurely approved citizenship).

Thank you all for your help
NS

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship application over 6 months

Post by CR001 » Fri May 13, 2016 8:40 pm

Has your address changed?

Separation is not an issue. As long as you are still legally married, you are still the spouse of a BC.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri May 13, 2016 8:42 pm

Very mysterious and bizarre.

HO doesn't take decisions based on tittle tattle and unsubstantiated gossip so no worries from the in-laws on that score.

When did you get ILR?
Have you enjoyed any prolonged absences from UK?

Did you clearly apply as a spouse rather than in your own right?
noting that: residency for a spouse (of BC) is 3 years; for a stand-alone person it is 5 years.

If applying as a spouse of BC, were you physically present in UK 3 years before your date of application ? (Aug 2012);
If not applying as a spouse, were you physically present in UK 5 years before applying? (Aug 2010).

Did you apply directly or via NCS?
Did you have legal representation?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

newsoul
Newly Registered

Post by newsoul » Fri May 13, 2016 8:47 pm

I only had 58 days holiday in 3 years of residency, and i got my ILR in July 2014.

I applied as spouse of a BC.

I applied via NCS.

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 13, 2016 8:50 pm

CR001 wrote:Has your address changed?

Separation is not an issue. As long as you are still legally married, you are still the spouse of a BC.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

newsoul
Newly Registered

Post by newsoul » Fri May 13, 2016 8:56 pm

Yes, i have changed my address after i got my premature approval.

Also, my citizenship ceremony supposed to be held at a foreign uk embassy as i was in a biz trip for about 4 months, and i changed it to the uk when my circumstances has changed.

Cheers

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri May 13, 2016 9:04 pm

newsoul wrote:I only had 58 days holiday in 3 years of residency, and i got my ILR in July 2014.

I applied as spouse of a BC.

I applied via NCS.

Cheers
So I assume you submitted full spouse details, copy of spouse passport & etc (?).

So you had ILR and, as a spouse of BC, could have applied for the privilege of citizenship 'immediately' (ie as soon as you had 3 years residency under your belt).

No issue with absences.

Do you remember any queries or concerns coming up during your NCS appointment?

And were you physically present in UK on Aug x, 2012?

newsoul
Newly Registered

Post by newsoul » Fri May 13, 2016 9:13 pm

Me and my Ex were still together when i applied and she gave me her passport etc.

I was physically present in the UK in July 2012.

And i had no issues at the NCS (i had no representation i was present at the appointment)

Cheers

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri May 13, 2016 9:18 pm

fyi - only one remotely similar case that I can find in the forum archives:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 69200.html

No clear explanation to that one.

Did you receive a similarly-worded letter/email?

newsoul
Newly Registered

Post by newsoul » Fri May 13, 2016 9:25 pm

The difference between the letters is my letters states that my citizenship was prematurely approved and an apology and it is still under consideration.

Receive a reply through my MP, and it states the same things :

We apologise
It is still under consideration
We will write to you once we make a decision.

They didn't say my application needs further checks.

Cheers
NS

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri May 13, 2016 9:30 pm

newsoul wrote:The difference between the letters is my letters states that my citizenship was prematurely approved and an apology and it is still under consideration.

Receive a reply through my MP, and it states the same things :

We apologise
It is still under consideration
We will write to you once we make a decision.

They didn't say my application needs further checks.

Cheers
NS
Human error then.
Your bundle must have been placed in the wrong pile - something like that.

Moderator CR001 may be onto something with the change of address. Depending on when it changed (& obviously you have received at least one letter) something may have been missed.

Are you sure HO now have your correct contact details?

If so, it's just a case of sitting tight and hoping for the best.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 13, 2016 9:30 pm

Can you answer my question for clarity please.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

newsoul
Newly Registered

Post by newsoul » Fri May 13, 2016 9:54 pm

My Address has change after i got back from my trip and was updated online within 24hrs of arrival.

I received a correspondence from the HO to my new address.

Yes, we are still legally Married till today, we haven't sorted out the divorce yet as my ex lives abroad now with her parents.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 13, 2016 10:01 pm

newsoul wrote:my ex lives abroad now with her parents.
I hope this isn't causing a delay in that HO might have tried to contact your spouse.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

newsoul
Newly Registered

Post by newsoul » Fri May 13, 2016 11:13 pm

I am not sure why they would contact her, normally, my referees should be contacted if they need further infos.

But they haven't requested any more information from me in the past 9 months.

I am not concerned about if my ex wife could do, i just need to know why my application is delayed.

My last resort is to make and SAR request
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

Do you think it's the right thing to do? so simply i can wait for the outcome?

newsoul
Newly Registered

Post by newsoul » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:23 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your support and advise.

I requested a call back from the home office, and an offices call me today stating that my application is in the stage of "PROCESSING" i have no idea what that means, two months ago the status of my application was "OUTSTANDING".

Do you have any idea what "Processing" means in term of the progress of my application?

Thanks in advance.
BS

newsoul
Newly Registered

Post by newsoul » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:35 pm

I guess i was right.

I did request a copy of my immigration history under the freedom of information act.

It seems that my citizenship was approved and ceremony put on hold.

They have received an allegatory letter (probably from my wife or her dad) and they are considering the revocation of my ILR, that means they are investigating my marriage with my wife.

All i can say is that this is evil, and i am just waiting for the outcome of this allegations.

I feel very sick because i did nothing wrong, i love that women, and unfortunately her parents racially abused me and pushed her daughter to separate from me.

Brainy
Newly Registered

Post by Brainy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:13 pm

hello mate ,
Sorry to hear about that.
Could you please tell me the how long did it take you to get SAR report back? did you request filling up form or writing a letter to ukvi? Did you ask them to send you whatever information mentioned in the form (such as computer print outs , application forms , port entry etc ) or just specific ?
i am in the process of applying for SAR wondering if requested short information from ukvi make it quicker?
thnx

newsoul
Newly Registered

Post by newsoul » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:30 pm

Brainy wrote:hello mate ,
Could you please tell me the how long did it take you to get SAR report back? did you request filling up form or writing a letter to ukvi? Did you ask them to send you whatever information mentioned in the form (such as computer print outs , application forms , port entry etc ) or just specific ?
i am in the process of applying for SAR wondering if requested short information from ukvi make it quicker?
thnx
Just fill the form from here and send it to them with 10£ cheque (it will be sent back)

They will get back to you within 20 days max.

Cheers,
NS

newsoul
Newly Registered

Post by newsoul » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:34 pm

newsoul wrote:I guess i was right.

I did request a copy of my immigration history under the freedom of information act.

It seems that my citizenship was approved and ceremony put on hold.

They have received an allegatory letter (probably from my wife or her dad) and they are considering the revocation of my ILR, that means they are investigating my marriage with my wife.

All i can say is that this is evil, and i am just waiting for the outcome of this allegations.

I feel very sick because i did nothing wrong, i love that women, and unfortunately her parents racially abused me and pushed her daughter to separate from me.
The home office still didn't make any decision after 6 months of investigation, so i am still waiting for the outcome, hopefully the false allegations will be thrown away.

Otherwise i will have to make a stand in court and waste money hiring solicitors, it is just interesting how people that you loved can be bitter, i even whatsapped her and she said she has no idea and she didn't do such a think, which i found hard to believe.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers,
NS

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:40 pm

Unfortunately there is no appeal option for refusal of British citizenship, only a request for reconsideration.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Brainy
Newly Registered

Post by Brainy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:28 pm

newsoul wrote:
Brainy wrote:hello mate ,
thnx
Just fill the form from here and send it to them with 10£ cheque (it will be sent back)

They will get back to you within 20 days max.

Cheers,
NS
Thanks a lot mate . appreciate it . Hope you get your approval soon :)

newsoul
Newly Registered

Post by newsoul » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:19 am

Casa wrote:Unfortunately there is no appeal option for refusal of British citizenship, only a request for reconsideration.
My BC is not refused, as per the documents I received the ceremony was put on hold because somebody sent an allegatory letter to the home office, therefore my marriage is being investigated.

Probably it is revenge letter, I spoke to me wife yesterday and she said she has no idea which I find hard to believe, as we have been separated since September but not divorced yet.

It looks like the home office started to investigate the marriage since December with no outcome or decision so far, they are trying to find out if I have broken the law when I applied for ILR, they have all the documents, they can see that I have been living with my ex since I moved here they can even countract my landlord, I am not concerned about that, I have all evidence that we have been together faithfully, more than 1000 pictures, Skype, whatsapp and gmail conversations etc.

It is just a pain to go through all of this, because I don't see any reason, she is the one asking for divorce and she is the one that left me, but when I moved on and started another relationship with someone else she hated me for it and just wanted to be bitter and she stared to tell me you were with me just for the citizenship, if that was true I would of divorced her straight away after I got my ILR.

During the 6 years of marriage and 4 years living in the U.K, the home office did loads of checks to make sure our relationship is genuine and it was, that's why I am not really scared of anything it is just the time wasting that I don't like and people lying.

I am just wondering if anybody in this forum had similar issue in the past where they had a dispute with their partner while applying for a citizenship.

Cheers,
NS

newsoul
Newly Registered

Post by newsoul » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:04 pm

Dear all,

Thanks for the support you have been giving me in this forum, i am blessed to be help by such a wonderful community.

I applied for a British citizenship back in August 2015 and it was approved in December later on i received a letter saying it was prematurely approved, i have been waiting for an explanation and i exhausted all option, till i made a request for a copy of my immigration history under the freedom of information act.

I found out that my marriage with my ex is under investigation and a consideration for revocation of my ILR since January as the home office received an allegation letter.

Me and my ex were separated due to a family dispute with her parents and her dad become really aggressive towards me demanding money for the divorce if i want a peaceful marriage, my wife she was the one asking for a divorce which i refused and later on we decided to move on.

I felt very sad that my marriage is being questioned and investigated because i have been in relationship with my wife for 9 years and 7 years of marriage.

I have been in the UK since June 2012 living together till the day we decided to separated, we both contributed to the rent and everything else.

When i contacted my wife a week ago, she said that she has no idea that the home office received a letter, which i find hard to believe as i suspect that her dad might have sent this especially back in December he told me that i only got married to his daughter for a British citizenship and he wasn't aware of the marriage, which i found very disturbing.

I quickly printed and sent to the home office some conversations (gmail, skype, whatsapp) that i had with my wife before and after the separation and while we were dealing with the separation, conversations with her dad regarding the divorce, both of our bank statements with the same address for the last 4 years which shows that we were both contributing to the rent 50%/50%, also the statements can show some money we transferred between us "small amount", couple of flight tickets when went on holiday together etc, and a link to a 1000 pictures we took since 2008.

The home office didn't make any decision since January but i felt i need to send all i have to support that my marriage was genuine, i really loved that women but unfortunately everything has turned bitter.

I really need your help and advise regarding my situation, if it was wise to send documents to the home office to prove that my marriage was genuine and if anyone in this forum had similar issue, and what should i do?

Thanks in advance Guys.
NS

newsoul
Newly Registered

Post by newsoul » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:02 pm

Dear All,

Today, i received a letter from the home office, stating :

On July 2016, you wrote to the home office after becoming aware that the secretary of state was considering whether to revoke your ILR. You subsequently provided representations to support your continuing entitlement to ILR in the UK.

Having considered those representations and assessed the particular circumstances of the care, it has been decided that the secretary of state will not be pursuing the revocation of your ILR on this occasion. Therefore, your IRL in the UK remains intact.

However, this does not preclude action being taking against you in the future if it emerges that you were not eligible for ILR at the time the decision was made or due to your subsequent conduct.

SRU

It seems that the SAR did help me to know what is going on, and challenge any allegation before a decision could be made on my case, i never doubted myself or broken any immigration law prior or since i moved to the UK 4 years ago, my partner and dad tried so hard to ruin my life but the truth prevailed.

Since the investigation of my marriage is closed, my citizenship ceremony will be unlocked soon.

I can't hide that this past 7 months i have been living a stressful time, loads of anxiety but i always had faith in the British system and law and i wasn't disappointed.

I will update you very soon regarding any more correspondence i shall receive from the HO.

Cheers
NS