ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student status after marriage to EU(french) wife?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sam173
Newly Registered

Student status after marriage to EU(french) wife?

Post by sam173 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:48 am

Hi

My situation is bit different and i dont have any idea what to do now.

i am a student from Pakistan and married to Friench national in uk

now my wife is expected to having a baby. i cannot affort to work 20 hours . i dont know what form i have to apply to home office ,so that i can work more to meet my expences. Is it EEA2 or some other form we get marriad in NOVEMBER 2007.
we both are living in this country for 3 years

Please replay me becaues i realy need your advice thanks

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:04 am

Do you meet the requirements to obtain an HSMP ..? If you do, you should apply immediately. In about five or six weeks, the HSMP visa will no longer be available and people will have to apply for a Tier 1 visa ... which is more difficult to obtain.

Otherwise, you need to have an offer of employment and meet the requirements for a work permit.

These options mean you will not have a student visa anymore, and it will be between you and your university if you are allowed to keep attending, so you will need to discuss it with them.

Other options are that, as the spouse of an EU citizen, it is possible to obtain permission to stay. Permission to work is also possible, but will take some effort.

the Admin

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:02 am

sam173, I confirm that form EEA2 is the correct one to use. Get that submitted as soon as possible.

After submission you will get back a letter of acknowledgment confirming your ability to work, even before the Residence Card is issued.

Is your wife still working at this time? If she is planning to give up work, do ensure that you make your EEA2 application before she stops work.

In the terms of the EU regulations that came into force on 30.04.06, you already have a right to be in the UK with your French wife. That is, the Residence Card that will be issued is merely confirmatory. It does not actually give you more rights. It "merely" confirms that you have your rights, but even that is extremely useful to a non-EEA person such as yourself.

Go for it!
John

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:17 pm

Administrator wrote:.

Other options are that, as the spouse of an EU citizen, it is possible to obtain permission to stay. Permission to work is also possible, but will take some effort.
No it isn't. It is given automatically on receipt of the application!

Victoria
Going..going...gone!