ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please help , amend naturalisation certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

costarica
BANNED

please help , amend naturalisation certificate

Post by costarica » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:51 am

I had my ceremony yesterday , I just realised that the place of birth is different then the one in my passport of country of origin , I born in small village which belong to a big city , in my passport place of birth is my village but in the naturalisation certificate is the big city , please do you think I should send it back to home office to correct it or I should be fine ? if not what I should put in my passport application , appreciate your help ,thanks

Member of Standing

Re: please help , amend naturalisation certificate

Post by member » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:56 am

How does your birth certificate describe your place of birth?

costarica
BANNED

Post by costarica » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:51 am

Thanks member for reply , in the birth certificate is the village and I have one cancelled passport is both village, the big city , thanks

JohnnyZee

Post by JohnnyZee » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:36 pm

I get the feeling that HMPO might have a fixed set of locations for place for birth in their system. Hence, if you were born in a certain village, but that village is still part of a larger better-known city/place, HMPO may decide to use that better known location.

Honestly, I would not bother getting certificate amended. It takes a lot of time and they may ask you to pay a fee. Also, you will probably get bad advice if you call the hotline for help. If you are really fussed about getting certificate amended, I suggest you email (Citizenship.support@gsi.gov.uk) or write a letter to home office. All the best.

costarica
BANNED

Post by costarica » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:23 am

Thanks Johnny