ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary calculation for 0/h work contract.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dali83

Salary calculation for 0/h work contract.

Post by Dali83 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:02 pm

I am working on a Zero hour contract therefore my salary is varying from month to month. My wife started working recently and we are combing our salary to meet the threshold required for her & my daughter visa extension.

I am under the understanding that I have to gather all my last 12 month salary and add her salary to meet the requirement so we have earned together £22,400 during the previous 12 months.

Am I correct in this thinking?

Kind regards

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: Salary calculation for 0/h work contract.

Post by ILR1980 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:17 pm

Your understanding is wrong. Zero hours contract is non salaried. If you are applying under CAT A of non salaried then they will consider last 6 month salary( add up last 6 month salary/6 *12). Your wife income will not count if she is not in employment for at least 6 months prior to application

Dali83

Post by Dali83 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:10 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Are you sure of the information you provided me? I am screwed then and will have no option!

Do you have link please to get more info?

Can Moderators please help in this case and advise me of what I should do.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:21 pm

Dali83 wrote:Thank you for your reply.

Are you sure of the information you provided me? I am screwed then and will have no option!

Do you have link please to get more info?

Can Moderators please help in this case and advise me of what I should do.
Yea search
Appendix FM 1.7: Financial Requirement

And read it

Dali83

Post by Dali83 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:52 pm

Because she started working in February this year, do you think if her employer agrees to produce her with July Payslip in advance that will be accepted?

I really do not know what to do in this now.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:18 pm

Dali83 wrote:Because she started working in February this year, do you think if her employer agrees to produce her with July Payslip in advance that will be accepted?

I really do not know what to do in this now.
Which date she get her pay in each month? I cannot tell you what will be accepted by them but rule is if you want your pay to be consider under CAT A then you should be with employer for at least 6 months and should have got the payslips for last 6 months. Employers pay you at specific date each month so dont know how they will issue her payslips in advance

Dali83

Post by Dali83 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:50 am

[quote="ILR1980"][quote="Dali83"]Because she started working in February this year, do you think if her employer agrees to produce her with July Payslip in advance that will be accepted?

I really do not know what to do in this now.[/quote]

Which date she get her pay in each month? I cannot tell you what will be accepted by them but rule is if you want your pay to be consider under CAT A then you should be with employer for at least 6 months and should have got the payslips for last 6 months. Employers pay you at specific date each month so dont know how they will issue her payslips in advance[/quote]

Normally she gets it at the end of the month but her employer is willing to make at the beginning of every month and provide this on her contract.

Do you think this will help her case?

Thanks

Dali83

Post by Dali83 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:33 pm

please any one can help.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:15 pm

I think ILR1980 has explained you already very well. How an employer can pay & issue payslips earlier than the pay day and if he do then it could make the matter suspicious. I think you should wait July and then in August you will have payslips from February to July.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:53 pm

seagul wrote:I think ILR1980 has explained you already very well. How an employer can pay & issue payslips earlier than the pay day and if he do then it could make the matter suspicious. I think you should wait July and then in August you will have payslips from February to July.
Exactly. We dont bother how case worker will interpret thing before making applications. We want them to be flexible but they are looking for excuses to refuse applications to reduce net immigration and we should try to not provide them any but even then you can still be refused if bad luck so its not worth taking risk of applying without proper documentation

Dali83

Post by Dali83 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:42 pm

[quote="ILR1980"][quote="seagul"]I think ILR1980 has explained you already very well. How an employer can pay & issue payslips earlier than the pay day and if he do then it could make the matter suspicious. I think you should wait July and then in August you will have payslips from February to July.[/quote]

Exactly. We dont bother how case worker will interpret thing before making applications. We want them to be flexible but they are looking for excuses to refuse applications to reduce net immigration and we should try to not provide them any but even then you can still be refused if bad luck so its not worth taking risk of applying without proper documentation[/quote]

Thank you ILR1980 & Seagul for your advice. I really appreciate it.

The problem is that her visa runs out middle of this month. And for this reason I went to speak to her employer yesterday personally who agreed to make her pay at the beginning of every moth as she is on salaried contract. He will provide a letter also to confirm this. She got promoted recently with pay rise as they like her work a lot.

What I was thinking is that the case worker will look at the paper work around August/September to make a decision. By then she will have her pay every month at the beginning.

Does this sound like it can be accepted?

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:57 pm

I apologise if I've missed the obvious, but both incomes can be used under category B.

From the husband, that is then the lesser of the last 12 months income and twice the last 6 months income.
From the wife, as all the income was in the last 6 months, the income that counts is all the income in the last 6/12 months.

If the total of the two incomes reaches £22,400, job done.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:27 pm

Richard W wrote:I apologise if I've missed the obvious, but both incomes can be used under category B.

From the husband, that is then the lesser of the last 12 months income and twice the last 6 months income.
From the wife, as all the income was in the last 6 months, the income that counts is all the income in the last 6/12 months.

If the total of the two incomes reaches £22,400, job done.
What you are talking about ? :D
Calculation of annual gross salary in CAT A is not based on whether you are husband or wife but whether you are in salaried or non salaried employment..in case of salaried employment you need to take lowest monthly income from last 6 month and multiply with 12 while in case of non salaried you add up last 6 month salary and divide by 6 and multiply with 12 to calculate your annual salary.