ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 - ILR application - Sponsor license suspended

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

infosiva
Newly Registered

Tier 2 - ILR application - Sponsor license suspended

Post by infosiva » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:04 pm

Hi,

I'm holding the Tier 2 visa and eligible for applying the ILR application now but my sponsor got suspended few months before after the UKBA Audit visit and my company submitted some the documents as part of the query and yet to hear the result from UKBA.

So can i apply the ILR application at this stage, please advise.

Thanks
Siva

infosiva
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 - ILR application - Sponsor license suspended

Post by infosiva » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:02 am

Hi All,

It would be really helpful if someone answer for the above.

thanks,
Siva

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:11 am

Suspension cases rarely take more than a couple of months to sort out.
If your sponsor was suspended months ago are we talking many months?
If I were you I would seek assurance about the status of the Sponsor licence before making your ILR application. Your employer can not issue you a letter if they have been revoked as they can not meet the requirements.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:11 pm

assuming ILR 5 yr route u need a letter from the employer for ILR 5yr route ?

if you have lawfully been in the UK for 5 yrs continiusly and passed LIUK do not suffice ?

infosiva
Newly Registered

Post by infosiva » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:07 pm

Many thanks for the information provided and it has been almost 3 months after the suspension.

So how long do i have to wait to let know the final result from UKBA?

Thanks
Siva

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:15 pm

n8net wrote:assuming ILR 5 yr route u need a letter from the employer for ILR 5yr route ?
Yes, a letter stating the role/person is required for atleast 12 months

if you have lawfully been in the UK for 5 yrs continiusly and passed LIUK do not suffice ?
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:52 am

Suspension cases should in general be done and dusted in no more than three months. The main reason for things taking longer than two months would be representations made in the 28 days after suspension.

A number of things can happen.

They undertake further investigations based on the representations. That could include getting information from other agencies, departments etc. That all takes time. Then they examine the evidence and decide.

They can schedule another audit to check the information supplied. That takes a minimum of three weeks to do.

There could just be a general backlog in dealing with representations. So it could just be sat there waiting for a caseworker. But that would only delay it by two weeks max, they can't sit on them for very long.

Do you know if your Sponsor made representations?

The only other reason it can be held up for is the final say so before revocation....

infosiva
Newly Registered

Post by infosiva » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:04 am

Hi,

Many thanks for that.

I guess they made representations closer to 20 days after the suspension and i assumed representations you meant is to deal the queries and submitting the documents to UKBA as part of suspension.

Since its taking closer 3 months, so what sort of outcome can i expect from UKBA like negative or positive..

Thanks,
Siva

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:24 am

Almost impossible to say without knowing the reason for suspension.
Licence suspension reasons range from minor and resolvable through to guaranteed to end in revocation.

The most common one at the moment that leads to revocation is non genuine vacancy roles. Usually in the care industry, restaurants/ catering and IT sectors. The roles are claimed to be at NQF6 but when examined are plainly not the case. The Sponsor gets to make representations but it is no more than a technical thing as the roles have been evidenced already but the route to revocation is easier on NGV rather that straight to revoke on dishonesty.

infosiva
Newly Registered

Post by infosiva » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:41 am

Hi,

Is it OK for me to apply the ILR application now with the current documents before know the final status or i have to wait till the final result or switched to new sponsor?

Can you please advise which one do you prefer?

thanks,
Siva

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:32 am

You can apply now however expect the application to be put on hold pending the outcome of the Sponsor suspension. If the Sponsor gets revoked expect either the application to be rejected or refused.

bnt2017
Newly Registered
India

Post by bnt2017 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:27 pm

Hi Infosiva,

Can you let us know what happened after that with you. I am in the same boat and am keen to know what should be my next move.