ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax Credits as a Couple

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

keerthi2k
Newly Registered

Tax Credits as a Couple

Post by keerthi2k » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:26 pm

Hi all,

I would like to request you all for information regarding Tax Credits.

Me and my husband are getting Tax Credits (both Working Tax Credit as well as Child Tax Credit) since 2 years.

We all are holding British Passports. We might have to go to India due to family reasons (however not sure as of now). I would like to know if we have to pay them back the amount we received so far in this year, as our stay (if going) might be more than 6 months to 1 year.

Please suggest.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tax Credits as a Couple

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:45 pm

Unlikely you will have to pay back but you must inform them that you will be leaving and your claim will be stopped/suspended.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

keerthi2k
Newly Registered

Re: Tax Credits as a Couple

Post by keerthi2k » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:00 pm

CR001, Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Yes we would inform when leaving. But we were not sure if we have to pay the received amount so far in this Year. Thanks for your advice.