ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

documentation required marriage is legitimate?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vallhalla
Newly Registered

documentation required marriage is legitimate?

Post by vallhalla » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:05 am

Hi

I am putting my documents together for a spousal visa for my wife. I am currently in the UK on the HMSP visa. My wife is still in the Ukraine.

We have known each other for 6 months only and got married. We talk on the phone daily but i use either skype to talk or international phone cards which does not have itemized billing to prove phone calls.

I do fly to ukraine every 2 weeks for a weekend as i do have to maintain my job here.

We applied previously for a visitor visa but that was refused and then a student visa but that was refused both on the grounds that they were not satified she would be returning to her home country.

is there a seperate letter that i would have to write as a sponsor for my wife to proove intent to live as a normal couple? yes, she did wish to come as a genuine student at one point, and yes the other reason is to be with me, not because in an immigration view that she was only coming to the uk to be in the uk. meake sense?

question is: am we in danger of getting tagged as a "marrriage of convenience" because of the circumstances? what can we do to strengthen our case?

also, i rent a home from a private landlord. is there a template available for what the letter must contain? I know that they are quite picky.

I am just looking to make our case complete so we can end the suffering.

thanks for the help.

andy

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:37 pm

With two prior refusals, you may wish to get legal assistance.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

vallhalla
Newly Registered

Post by vallhalla » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:39 am

Hi Victoria

are you suggesting an immigration lawyer or a visa assistance agency?

what potential issues do you forsee me having in this cercumstance? what can i do to make this situation better for us?

your help and anyone else's input is appreciated

andy

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:49 pm

An immigration solicitor or OISC registered consultant, who is registered at least to level 2.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!