ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

same day ILR consultants

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sarah_mathews2001
Newly Registered

same day ILR consultants

Post by sarah_mathews2001 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:33 pm

Hi,

I'm planing to apply same day ILR thru some consultants.
I've googled few companies but would be better if I
hear from some one who really used their services.

I've two companies in my list, workpermit.com and 1st contact...

I really like to prefer someone who can represent me
efficiently...

Thanks in advance

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:54 pm

Try VictoriaS and Paperpusher among others on this board.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:03 pm

Why waste money on a consultant?
If you want the same day service, just do it yourself, that's to if your case is straight forward.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:06 pm

It is often worht spending a coupld of hundred pounds extra to get a consultant to check the file before risking wasting £750.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:26 pm

VictoriaS wrote:It is often worht spending a coupld of hundred pounds extra to get a consultant to check the file before risking wasting £750.

Victoria
I personally don't recommend it. The answers I have gotten to questions from consultants have encouraged me to do it myself.
Because you are here on the board, I would only chance it with you.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:29 pm

Victoria, I not trying to steal the bread from your table, but if the application is straight forward then I don't see the need for the extra expense.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:44 pm

SYH, that's very kind of you!

Siggi - yes, I do see your point. Many of my clients just don't have the time or just want the extra assurance that someone has checked the application through. For straight forward applicants I usually suggets the document check only, as the full service is often not needed.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:14 pm

Don't consultants offering a same-day service also have slots that are sooner than the next appointment on the booking line?

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:24 pm

For all their failings, the Home Office have excellent forms and very good checklists and guidance notes for applications. You can't go far wrong if your application is straightforward and you supply exactly what is required of you according to the guidance notes.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:35 pm

paulp wrote:Don't consultants offering a same-day service also have slots that are sooner than the next appointment on the booking line?
If thats is what you want, then it is no problem since you can barely schedule a PEO appt in the near future,
So I don't see why you'd need to see a consultant same day too.
Do some planning and you will be better off

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:12 pm

VictoriaS wrote:It is often worht spending a coupld of hundred pounds extra to get a consultant to check the file before risking wasting £750.

Victoria
For the same day service you don't pay upfront...

The person on the ground floor (reception) will look at your file and see if you are eligible or not and based on that you proceed to pay your fees, etc

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:15 pm

olisun wrote:

Victoria
For the same day service you don't pay upfront...

The person on the ground floor (reception) will look at your file and see if you are eligible or not and based on that you proceed to pay your fees, etc
That's a good point, in fact the ground floor "bouncers" are often over-zealous when it comes to documentation. Many people on this board have complained of being wrongly turned away from a PEO appointment because of inadequate documentation. And this is before they take your 750 quid, so the risk of losing your hard-earned money is minimal.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:07 pm

Minimal? Not sure about that. I'd say 50/50.

Though for many, taking a day off work to go to Croydon will cost them money as well. And if someone has to travel quickly (often the reason they are doing the same day service at all) then getting turned away at Croydon can mean a lot of hassle.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

gadgets
Newly Registered

Post by gadgets » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:25 pm

are there any Birmingham based ILR consultant?

PaulM

Post by PaulM » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:11 pm

When the time is right I'm going to use the full services of Victoria as I want to make sure everything is in order and to be dealt with promptly and efficiently. This is just (for me anyway) too much to gamble with.

test001
Newly Registered

Post by test001 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:33 am

Hi Victoria,
Is it possible that even on the same day service the PEO don't make a decision . for ex. high work loads etc... Can this happen with Consultants (agents) as well?
If this happens then is it considered as a postal application and the applicant has to wait weeks although he paid £950?