ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents on ILR from 1st Nov2014, child born abroad 29/04/16

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrvindu
Newly Registered

Parents on ILR from 1st Nov2014, child born abroad 29/04/16

Post by mrvindu » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:18 pm

Hi everyone,

Me and my wife got PR in Nov 2014,
My wife traveled to India to have baby, baby born on 29 April 2016.

Presently, I think the only option for him to get inside UK is, first to apply for join the family of settled person.

I think he will be granted Indefinite leave to enter(ILR) validity of 2 to 3 years.

My question is can I apply for Naturalization for me and my son at the same time, soon after he is back in UK?

secret.simon

Re: Parents on ILR from 1st Nov2014, child born abroad 29/04

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:45 pm

mrvindu wrote:Me and my wife got PR in Nov 2014
I presume that you mean that your wife and you got ILR in November 2014.

If so, the child born abroad should get ILE, as you surmised and could be registered as a British citizen at the discretion of the Home Office under Section 3(1) when one of the parents applies for naturalisation.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.