ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new born baby eligible for british citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raja1382

new born baby eligible for british citizen

Post by raja1382 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:13 pm

Hi Gurus,

Kindly help me with below querys

I got my ILR from Tier 2 ICT long term last year and now got my citizen ship in apr 2016. My wife who is on Tier 2 ICT dependant visa, went for baby delivery to India last month. her visa expires in August 2016. I am planning to apply visa for my wife and baby in India.
Can you pls let me know on below query -

1. Can I apply british citizenship/ passport for my baby in India as I have my british citizenship now? can you guide me on information or any links to apply the same. if not eligible for british citizenship what is the visa type can I apply for baby pls.
2. Do I need to extend my wife visa in same Tier 2 ICT category or apply as ILR dependant?

Thanks
Raj.L

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: new born baby eligible for british citizen

Post by ohara » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:33 pm

If the baby was born after you became a British citizen, then it will automatically be a British citizen.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: new born baby eligible for british citizen

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:11 am

If the child was born AFTER you attended your ceremony, then the child is automatically British as the previous poster advised.

Passports applications from India can take 6 to 12 months as they are processed in the UK.

You might want to apply for an Indian passport and CoE or RoA.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.