ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jamesjosephp
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR application

Post by jamesjosephp » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:29 pm

Hello,

I initially entered the UK on a work permit, made a successful settlement six years later and, recently, naturalised as a British citizen. My spouse had applied for her initial UK visa as a PBS dependant on 12th July 2012 and entered the UK in August 2012. Around the same time next year, she plans to make a settlement application. I know that for a main applicant in a settlement application, one of the requirements is that the person should not have stayed outside of the UK for more than 180 days during any 12 month period (in the last 5 years). Does the same rule apply to dependants (my spouse in this case)?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
James.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR application

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:36 pm

No it does not apply to PBS Dependents, although absences should be limited and for good reason.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jamesjosephp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application

Post by jamesjosephp » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:59 pm

Hi CR001,

Thanks for your response.

Cheers,

James.