ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A few questions regarding the application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Riff_Raff
Newly Registered

A few questions regarding the application

Post by Riff_Raff » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:32 pm

I have a few questions before I apply, need a bit of help !

-I did the Life in the UK test two years ago and the ID card I used then is expired now, it says in the guidelines that I'm expected to use the same ID when applying for citizenship? Does it matter?

-I was wondering how often do the application forms change, It will probably take me a while to sort out the referees was wondering if it's better to leave the referees till the very end? What happens when you send an out of date form?

-If I decide not to use NCS how long to they keep the passport/ID cards? Can you have them back earlier?

-Can a dentist be a referee if he knows me just as a patient (I mean not as a personal friend etc)?

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: A few questions regarding the application

Post by ohara » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:44 pm

- Send the expired ID with the application

- Normally when there's a substantial change to the application process. You can normally use the referees section from an old form together with a new version of the form, if it changes before you submit. This is obviously providing the referees section itself doesn't change. There is normally a transitional period of above 1 week where old applications are still accepted after a new version of the form is released, as there may be delays in postage etc.

- You cannot keep your original documents unless you use NCS. You can request the documents back from the Home Office after a certain amount of time (minimum 10 working days since application has been received I think). It may take them a while to send them back though!