ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jumanufer

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by jumanufer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:27 pm

kristine015 wrote:Hi everyone received my approval letter for Citizenship dated 21st June. They are asking for €950 euro by bank draft, 2 passport photographs and GNIB card,

My problem is I live in Northern Ireland and I don't have GNIB card but Permanent Residents card and it's a sticker that is inside my passport.

I'm also confused because the last requirement states; "Original Irish travel document (If applicable). Please do not send your own national passport."

My Permanet Residents card is for Northern Ireland and UK and as mentioned earlier it is in sticker form and stuck inside passport.

My question is do I need to send my passport to the Inis and will they give them back to me? I'm worried because it also stated in the requirements that GNIB cards wont be sent back. If my PRCard is equivalent to GNIB card they might not send my passport back?

Sending the bank draft and photos should be enough.
I do have EU passport, so dnt have the GNIB card, so of course I didn't send it.

kristine015

Post by kristine015 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:34 pm

I'm non EU and my passport is Philippines. Would that make a difference ?

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:38 pm

kristine015 wrote:I'm non EU and my passport is Philippines. Would that make a difference ?
It should be fine since you dnt have gnib card

LuckyL
Newly Registered

Post by LuckyL » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:42 pm

kristine015 wrote:Hi everyone received my approval letter for Citizenship dated 21st June. They are asking for €950 euro by bank draft, 2 passport photographs and GNIB card,

My problem is I live in Northern Ireland and I don't have GNIB card but Permanent Residents card and it's a sticker that is inside my passport.

I'm also confused because the last requirement states; "Original Irish travel document (If applicable). Please do not send your own national passport."

My Permanet Residents card is for Northern Ireland and UK and as mentioned earlier it is in sticker form and stuck inside passport.

My question is do I need to send my passport to the Inis and will they give them back to me? I'm worried because it also stated in the requirements that GNIB cards wont be sent back. If my PRCard is equivalent to GNIB card they might not send my passport back?
Hi kristine015!

First of all congratulations - you've got your approval ! :D

I was asking similar question the other day (I think it's on the previous page). I am a citizen of another EU member state already and never had a GNIB card myself. My understanding is that point 3 and 4 in this letter is not relevant for people who are EU citizens already. I have posted the 950 bank draft and 2 photographs only - ignoring GNIB card and Original Irish travel document requiremenet as this is not applicable in my case. I have never owned such a documents.

I think that the approval letter they send out is a standard template and it states the same requirements for everybody.

I have followed the KingdomMan advice from this forum to post the fee and the photographs only which I did.

Please correct me if I'm wrong guys.

Congratulations again to everyone.
Cheers,

P.S. Kristine - just seen you have Philippines passport - I can't help you much here and the info above is probably not relevant in your case. It may help somebody else though. I think you should contact INIS and ask them.

kristine015

Post by kristine015 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:51 pm

Thank you for your quick replies guys and congratulations to yous all too.
I think I will just do the same and send out passport photos and bank drafts as it specifically mentioned "Please do not send your own national passport".
If they need something else of me they'll probably just write back by mail asking for it. :)

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:59 pm

kristine015 wrote:Thank you for your quick replies guys and congratulations to yous all too.
I think I will just do the same and send out passport photos and bank drafts as it specifically mentioned "Please do not send your own national passport".
If they need something else of me they'll probably just write back by mail asking for it. :)
Yes do that and after 3 dsys since they get it contact them by email and ask them if everything is alright and if they need anything else
I'm planning to do the same myself

Rayyan1986
Newly Registered

Post by Rayyan1986 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:01 pm

They jus replied my email did any 1 experience this
Hi
this office does not currently require any further information or doccumentation from you while it is not possible to give an exact time frame this office will be in touch with u as soon as decision has been reached

dublin7777

Post by dublin7777 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:17 pm

Rayyan1986, that was the same email i was getting for a long time until now that the music changed this morning,
U can still make it for the ceremony u never know

celiakara

Post by celiakara » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:09 pm

Hi all members,

I have been following this helpful forum a long time, since I've applied for my citizenship in 2014.
I've become aware of the process and what usually happens when you're application is sent and each stage you go through to get your citizenship from each member who writes on this.

Unfortunately for me, nothing similar to anyone has happened with my application. I applied in march 2014, with my 2 daughters who are bother over 18. After 5 months both my daughters were granted their citizenship but me and my other children who are all under 13 and my husband heard nothing back. After 1 year they sent us a letter asking for further documentation regarding situation, my marriage status and income and how long I was away on holidays to my country etc. I provided them with this information as soon as I got the letter.

And since then, I've emailed/ rang them numerous times asking for an update of my application. But, it's been now 27 months and the only replies I get from my email is exactly the same saying that my application is being 'prepared for submission'. When I call them they always have a different story some say it's in the final stage and others say it's submitted to the minister for a decision When they delay your case it usually means you have done something bad or you've had a criminal record? but for me and my family nothing of that sort has happened? we have never been in trouble with the police or have had any criminal offense. If I had done something they could have at least told us the offense and gave evidence or at least gave us a refusal. But they just keep us hanging and waiting for a reply.

So I was wondering what the issue is and why they keeping us waiting for this long? and what advice would you give for me? where should I go to help my case?

celiakara

Post by celiakara » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:09 pm

Hi all members,

I have been following this helpful forum a long time, since I've applied for my citizenship in 2014.
I've become aware of the process and what usually happens when you're application is sent and each stage you go through to get your citizenship from each member who writes on this.

Unfortunately for me, nothing similar to anyone has happened with my application. I applied in march 2014, with my 2 daughters who are bother over 18. After 5 months both my daughters were granted their citizenship but me and my other children who are all under 13 and my husband heard nothing back. After 1 year they sent us a letter asking for further documentation regarding situation, my marriage status and income and how long I was away on holidays to my country etc. I provided them with this information as soon as I got the letter.

And since then, I've emailed/ rang them numerous times asking for an update of my application. But, it's been now 27 months and the only replies I get from my email is exactly the same saying that my application is being 'prepared for submission'. When I call them they always have a different story some say it's in the final stage and others say it's submitted to the minister for a decision When they delay your case it usually means you have done something bad or you've had a criminal record? but for me and my family nothing of that sort has happened? we have never been in trouble with the police or have had any criminal offense. If I had done something they could have at least told us the offense and gave evidence or at least gave us a refusal. But they just keep us hanging and waiting for a reply.

So I was wondering what the issue is and why they keeping us waiting for this long? and what advice would you give for me? where should I go to help my case?

Stanic

Post by Stanic » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:24 pm

kristine015 wrote:Thank you for your quick replies guys and congratulations to yous all too.
My wife is in the same situation with us in N Ireland. I emailed about this last week and got the response yesterday and they said in our case we just send the photos and bank draft.

shes a non-eu passport too

dublin7777

Post by dublin7777 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:03 pm

@celiakara. I thinks you should seat behind yr key board and write to them maybe there would be some clear and prompt response to yr answer . I think. Hope this adviseh helps. Good luck to all of us waiting.....

Zini
Newly Registered

Post by Zini » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:04 pm

[quote="celiakara"]Hi all members,

I am in similar situation. Applied since August 2015, and I get same answer, been processed, only recently I got a different response as I was told its on advanced stage, my partner wrote them to day and got the been processed answer again,i have never been in trouble , my records are clean,its a bit frustrating

Zini
Newly Registered

Post by Zini » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:32 pm

I am in similar situation. Applied since August 2015, and I get same answer, been processed, only recently I got a different response as I was told its on advanced stage, my partner wrote them to day and got the been processed answer again,i have never been in trouble , my records are clean,its a bit frustrating

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:30 pm

celiakara wrote:Hi all members,

I totally understand your frustration. Theres so many factors that can be a reason for delay. Not just "criminal case" or "minor/major offences".
Maybe u applied based on irish association? That can be a reason for delay most of the time. Applied via solicitor? That can raise a flag to the inis as well. As this is an easy application that doesnt need a solicitor. Not unless u have a different case.
When you were asked about your 6 weeks away from the state? Was it yes that u answered? With no valid reason? Like work related, etc.
I know how bad it is to wait. But surely ull get it. As long as u know u havent done anything bad that will prejudice your application process. We can't answer when will u get your approval. But u never know. I hope it happens for u soon.

cracovia445
Newly Registered

Post by cracovia445 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:40 pm

Morning guys finally approval is here Thanks to ALMIGHTY GOD :)
Timeline applied OCT 15
1st/2nd stage Nov
Approval 29June 2016:)

guys i have a question they are asking for GNIB card while i am travelling in 2 weeks to Poland and then in August to my homeland Asia, is my passport with stamp 4 stamp enough for travel????????? will they let me back in with only passport please anyone in similar situation reply Kingdom man if you will have any info let me know please.

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:13 am

I applied for citizenship on 19th of Feb 2016, I sent them an email on 26 June 2016 to check my status. I got an email back on 30th of June

Hi,

I acknowledge receipt of your correspondence and have forwarded to the
relevant area. This office will be in touch with you in due course.

Regards,

Elaine Nash
Citizenship Division

Today I got a letter from citizenship deaprtment....

Dear xxx,

I am directed by the Minister of Justice and Equality to refer your application for naturalization.

I acknowledge receipt of your email dated 30/06/2016. We will be in touch with your regarding your application in due course

Mary C. Shortland
Initial Processing Team
01 July 2016

I am bit confused, there is no clear answer about my application status nor in email neither in letter. It's mean will they let me know about application status in due course? I thought they were too busy sending out approval letter, but they sent me confirmation of my email. strange....
!) Application date 19 Feb 2016, Based on 5 year residency, Spouse of EU
!) First letter 16 March 2016 - further letter 15 April 2016 asked for additional letter.
!) 2nd stage letter on August 2016

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:43 am

llvlludi wrote:I applied for citizenship on 19th of Feb 2016, I sent them an email on 26 June 2016 to check my status. I got an email back on 30th of June

Hi,

Regards,

Elaine Nash
Citizenship Division

Dear xxx,

I am directed by the Minister of Justice and Equality to refer your application for naturalization.

I acknowledge receipt of your email dated 30/06/2016. We will be in touch with your regarding your application in due course

Mary C. Shortland
Initial Processing Team
01 July 2016

I am bit confused, there is no clear answer about my application status nor in email neither in letter. It's mean will they let me know about application status in due course? I thought they were too busy sending out approval letter, but they sent me confirmation of my email. strange....

I have to say it is a bit strange
Also who signed it is from initial processing team. Have you received second stage letter? Or this is the first correspondence ?

Deekay
BANNED

Post by Deekay » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:37 pm

it looks to me all new applications from Feb onwards are still stuck to initial stage.
one guy told me that he applied and did not even get acknowledgement for 3 months then he contacted his solicitor and then INIS sent him acknowledgement letter.

i applied in last week for april did not get second stage letter.

seems like they are clearing up all upto Jan application then will process rest of applications for next ceremony. just a guess i m may be wrong :-)

zmac
Newly Registered

Post by zmac » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:39 pm

Zini wrote:
celiakara wrote:Hi all members,

Guys, I'm in a similar situation too!!! Applied October 2014, received second stage letter by November 2014... and since then, none. nada. zilch. from them. Have emailed them for pretty much every three months for the whole of 2015 and this year and received the same reply: " Your application is being prepared for submission to the Minister blah blah..." I even have renewed my GNIB since I applied and they haven't asked me to send that documentation out either (Should I send it anyway??) Granted, I am applying on the basis of Irish association (mother is naturalised) since my stamp 2's were not reckonable and have only had stamp 4 shortly before I applied, and was advised by their office to apply on that basis. I know that path takes time. I have been living here for 10 years now. Went to school, went to college. Hardly ever abroad. No record or anything. I can see from one or two user here I have encountered that it took them about 20 to 24 months. I don't know about mine. Staying positive still that I'd hear before September's ceremony.

dublin7777

Post by dublin7777 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:54 pm

Welcome on board! We r on the same boat. Let's be patient with them , I also know some few ppl here in same situation . Let's keep our fingers crossed before September ceremony . GOD help us.

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:36 pm

jumanufer wrote:
llvlludi wrote:I applied for citizenship on 19th of Feb 2016, I sent them an email on 26 June 2016 to check my status. I got an email back on 30th of June

Hi,

Regards,

Elaine Nash
Citizenship Division

Dear xxx,

Mary C. Shortland
Initial Processing Team
01 July 2016

I have to say it is a bit strange
Also who signed it is from initial processing team. Have you received second stage letter? Or this is the first correspondence ?

I got first letter after one month, with receipt acknowledgement, they asked me to send new photos..

2nd letter after 2 month, they required some additional documents, regarding my wife and children.

3rd letter after 3 month, saying they received my documents which i were asked in 2nd letter.

After that i did not hear anything from them, until recently when i sent them an email.

I dont know, why they did not give me update on my application.
!) First letter 16 March 2016 - further letter 15 April 2016 asked for additional letter.

jani12
Newly Registered

Post by jani12 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:38 pm

Hi,

Regards,

Elaine Nash
Citizenship Division

Dear xxx,

Mary C. Shortland
Initial Processing Team
01 July 2016

There is an delay in response from INIS lately, I applied for my wife in 2 week of May 2016 and till date I have not received acknowledgement of document from INIS - Can I ask, did you ever get acknowledgement from them from them i.e 1st letter? Should I drop them an email to ask for acknowledgement

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:39 pm

Deekay wrote:it looks to me all new applications from Feb onwards are still stuck to initial stage.
one guy told me that he applied and did not even get acknowledgement for 3 months then he contacted his solicitor and then INIS sent him acknowledgement letter.

i applied in last week for april did not get second stage letter.

seems like they are clearing up all upto Jan application then will process rest of applications for next ceremony. just a guess i m may be wrong :-)
Someone on this forum recently got an approval, i think, he applied on 8th or 9th Feb this year. I hope, they will include Feb as well in approval list.

shikari
Newly Registered

Post by shikari » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:09 pm

Hi llvlludi
I think we r in the same boat""\_____{}______/""

I applied 1 week of March 2016
I got first letter after 25 days with acknowledgement receipt,

2nd letter received 18april required my spouse
last 5 years all docs.
Mary c shorthand (initial processing team)

3rd letter received 20 May and saying they
received my spouse documents .
Mary c shorthand (Initial processing team)

After that i did not got any letter from them.

And last week I send them email for update my applications
I got this response after 3days from department:-

Hi *******

Your application is currently being processed. While it is not possible to
give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision
has been reached.

Regards,

Elaine Nash
Citizenship Division