ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR - worried, can someone help?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

deewee
Newly Registered

EEA PR - worried, can someone help?

Post by deewee » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:27 am

Hi,

can someone please help me out - I am getting sooooo confused with this. Posted some months ago, but a am not sure I got my main concern sorted.

So - it concerns my wife and her daughter form her previous marriage:
- Wife and daughter are Latvian
- Wife came to the UK in 2007, worked for 3 months, registered for WRS, but went then back to Latvia.
- Wife and Daughter moved to the UK in April 2009, she did NOT renew the WRS registration, so her counter resets to May 2011 when the system for Latvians was abolished
- Wife worked continuously until now (OK - short break for pregnancy 8) )

- Daughter was 13 when she came over with wife in 2009
- Daughter went to school until age 18, now studying in UK with student loan and maintenance allowance from Student Finance England, is now 20
- Daughter has part time jobs (McDonalds, Tesco, Primark) since she was 16

So we sent the EEA PR on the 01/06/16, with my wife as main applicant and daughter as dependent (named in section 1 and completed section 12). They took the £130 on 03/06/16... and we have not heard anything back, no letter, email, number, ... just nothing!

We sent as prove:
- Wife P60 for 2011/12 - 2015/16
- Wife 4 additional payslips per year (every 3 months)
- Wife 5 Bank statements (1 per year)
- Wife: Printout from GP of her NHS records, proving that she was constantly here (she has a back problem and sees a GP ever 6 months or so)
- Daughter: Letter from school, confirming that she was attending 2011 - 2014
- Daughter: Letter from university that she is a full time student 2014 until 2017 (expected graduation)
- In section 12 we stated, that she is financially dependent on us, but did not send any prove, since the payments are coming from my bank account and not my wife's! :(

So my issues:
- I assume for my wife it is a pretty straight forward case, 5 years residency with P60 and other docs, it's 5 years since WRS was abolished for her.
- Daughter: we have no private health insurance for her, I read (NOW!) that this is mandatory to prove that she exercises treaty rights... correct? Will this cause any issues?
- I am German national, live in the UK since 2006, naturalized in 2014 and am now British citizen as well: would there have been another way to do this - like me sponsoring? Is this still an option in case daughter's PR claim runs into trouble?

As I said - am quite worried about this.... :(
Help please! :)

Cheers
Dan

LilyLalilu

Re: EEA PR - worried, can someone help?

Post by LilyLalilu » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:55 am

Hi and welcome to the forum (also I think I know you from the Germans in London forum :D)

As your wife's daughter is under 21 she'll automatically be considered a dependant of your wife and won't be required to show financial dependence. Have you sent your daughters birth certificate with the application?

Your daughter does not need CSI as she is claiming PR as a dependant of your wife who was exercising treaty rights as a worker. (It may have been best to explicitly spell this out to the caseworker in a cover letter, as some of them seem to get rather confused when applicants did not have CSI but exercised treaty rights in another way (e.g. as a dependant of a worker))

Applications are taking a rather long time at present so the delay is probably just a case of slow/overworked HO caseworkers and nothing to worry about :) Several members have also reported to have received (positive) outcomes without ever being sent an acknowledgment email.

As you are now a British citizen, you will not be able to sponsor them for the purpose of PR as you are considered only British (not an EEA national) in the eyes of UK law - and British citizens cannot exercise treaty rights in their own country.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

deewee
Newly Registered

Re: EEA PR - worried, can someone help?

Post by deewee » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:26 am

Hi and welcome to the forum (also I think I know you from the Germans in London forum :D)
you do! :)

Thanks again - this stuff it driving me nuts!