ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khan010

Re: Re:

Post by khan010 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:46 pm

ohara wrote:
khan010 wrote:Hello everyone.
Well I applied my citizenship application on December and its six months passed on 15 June
And I don't heard and received anything yet any one can advice what should I do .one more thing I called home office a customer services officer told me because I applied on 15/12/15 so my time will count from 1st January so I need to wait more 15 days but I sound not logical any advice ????
Your application only starts to be considered once you have enrolled biometrics
Thanks .is addresses changes twice effects on application

cmm13
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by cmm13 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:45 pm

Good news! - another application from late March-16 (29/03/2016) which have just been approved - user "longhorn".

Looks like they are cleaning up the huge backlog of applications received just before the fee increase in mid-March...

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:14 pm

cmm13 wrote:Good news! - another application from late March-16 (29/03/2016) which have just been approved - user "longhorn".

Looks like they are cleaning up the huge backlog of applications received just before the fee increase in mid-March...
hi,
4 applicants from march timeline already got approval who applied after fee increase which is really good sign ...i applied 1 st of April lets see :roll: :roll: :roll:

khan010

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by khan010 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:06 pm

Dear members I applied on Dec 15 and after six month completed I called and emails to further nationality but no decent replied but I keep trying and today with the grace of Allah I got a break through .i received a call back from home office and a got to know thy sent a letter in March regarding my application but I told her I changed my address and received no letter than than she asked me to write a letter and send to liver pool office for regarding your application .
I asked her is she update me with current case and what that letter was than she said she don't have access only she can update regarding March letter was gone nothing els
Any one can help who had some information ?????

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:36 pm

khan010 wrote:Dear members I applied on Dec 15 and after six month completed I called and emails to further nationality but no decent replied but I keep trying and today with the grace of Allah I got a break through .i received a call back from home office and a got to know thy sent a letter in March regarding my application but I told her I changed my address and received no letter than than she asked me to write a letter and send to liver pool office for regarding your application .
I asked her is she update me with current case and what that letter was than she said she don't have access only she can update regarding March letter was gone nothing els
Did you inform HO that you changed your address? None of us can guess what the letter in March was about. Suggest you follow the advice you have been given by the person you spoke to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sasha222
Newly Registered

Post by sasha222 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:21 pm

Hi guys!

I've got a question about submitting SAR form to UKVI. I received my PR card in March 2016, but I want to find out the exact date I acquired PR status, to make sure I can apply for BC now.
I already sent the SAR form to UKVI once, but it was refused as I think I didn't word it properly.
So, for those of you who received a reply with the date from UKVI, can you please advise me how to word the question?

Thank you!

khan010

Post by khan010 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:54 am

CR001 wrote:
khan010 wrote:Dear members I applied on Dec 15 and after six month completed I called and emails to further nationality but no decent replied but I keep trying and today with the grace of Allah I got a break through .i received a call back from home office and a got to know thy sent a letter in March regarding my application but I told her I changed my address and received no letter than than she asked me to write a letter and send to liver pool office for regarding your application .
Did you inform HO that you changed your address? None of us can guess what the letter in March was about. Suggest you follow the advice you have been given by the person you spoke to.
Thanks for replying CR001 .the lady who called me from home office she asked me to write a letter to home office liver pool and asked for your application updates .but I'm surprised she knew home office sent a letter in March which I haven't replied but she have no access what was that even she was calling me from home office.
She asked to write on liver pool office and that's it
I checked online there are so many address and if thy will ignore the letter as they were ignored my callers and e mails than what?

Aussie80
Newly Registered

Post by Aussie80 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:07 pm

I am Australian and have a straightforward application.
My fee was taken on the 1st June. I don't expect an acknowledgement but I am worried it is taking this long to receive my biometrics letter. Yesterday on the 22/6/16 I did not receive this letter.

Others on the timeline have received a few days after the fee is taken. Also I noticed a couple of people didn't get the first letter and only the second warning them to do it within a further given time.
I have rung twice and they said they cant tell me where it is up to but if I haven't received in in two weeks time to call back.
I am trawling through the pages on this forum but its hard to gauge as some people may not be updating their timelines. From personal experience or reading the forums, can someone advise if it takes longer than a month to receive if there is no missing post?

Thank you

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:21 pm

wow good news April applicant already starts processed ,hope we will get more approval coming week ... :o :o :o

luizdemag » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:39 am

Eligibility criteria: 10years Long residence+ 5 year ILR
Language criteria met: LIUK + English Language test (Trinity College)
Method of application: NCS Enfield council
Date of application: 04/04/2016
Payment method: Credit card
Date of acknowledgement :16/04/2016
Date money gone off account:25/04/2016
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 25/04/2016
Biometrics done: 29/04/2016
Date of approval :16/06/2016

khan010

Post by khan010 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:48 pm

With help of Almighty AllAh here is new updates
regarding my issue .i went to my MP office and asked him to ask home office regarding my application and just now i received a email from my MP and in mail he mentioned he contacted home office and home office told him my case was approved on 17 feb and home office sent letter twice as i changed my address and even i updated on site but the home office sent on my old address and now mp requested them to send a new approval letter to my new address and home office is agreed . so with help of Almighty Allah things sorted

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:35 am

Hi all,

My husband submitted his Naturalisation application on 20th October 2015 and his biometrics were enrolled in November 2015.

That's exactly 9 months and still no news or contact from them. Anyone else waiting from October 2015 or earlier? :(
Allah is the greatest!

Aussie80
Newly Registered

Post by Aussie80 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:22 pm

You should write to them to ask for an update.

What date did the fee clear and What date did you receive your biometrics letter? I wrote a letter yesterday asking them to resend it to me as 3 weeks and still nothing..

wasim_n

Post by wasim_n » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:45 pm

Exquisit33 wrote:Hi all,

My husband submitted his Naturalisation application on 20th October 2015 and his biometrics were enrolled in November 2015.

That's exactly 9 months and still no news or contact from them. Anyone else waiting from October 2015 or earlier? :(
Email them on furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk , most of the time they answer from this email,as compared to other means of communication with them. Just give a try and may be you will get an instant update.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:08 pm

I'm waiting since August last year. Got update today - reply to my email - still waiting for checks to be completed.

I've tried contacting my MP, he's got the same response. Not sure what to do.

Is there anyone in this forum who had similar experience?

khan010

Post by khan010 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:02 am

Listen sis there is need to worried just go to your Mp and ask him to contact home office and get the updates on your behalf .
And call home office on 0300 123 2253

khan010

Post by khan010 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:12 am

malik15 wrote:

I'm waiting since August last year. Got update today - reply to my email - still waiting for checks to be completed.

I've tried contacting my MP, he's got the same response. Not sure what to do.

Is there anyone in this forum who had similar experience?
Slam bro
Well I was in same conditions few days before I called many different home office numbers but same answer your case is on process but one day a nice " educated" customer services lady Officer pick up my call heard my all case and than break through happened I got to know I was approved on February and there is one other best way to know call the council ask from them if thy got your citizenship certificate.
Because home office send your certificate direct to council and letter to book ceremony to you.

newsoul
Newly Registered

Post by newsoul » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:51 pm

I have been waiting since August 2015, till today no approval.

(by the way : received a premature approval back in December later on the have said that it was sent by mistake)

Got in touch with my local MP and we received the same generic letter, that my application is still processing, surely a straight forward application doesn't take more than 6 months, and even in case of a refusal due people still do receive a letter within the 6 months.

I feel that i have been waiting enough and my application is backlogged somewhere!

So frustrating this process.

NS

track4t1
Newly Registered

Post by track4t1 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:30 pm

Hi,

Just checking if any one has been requested for Original Passports in spite of attending NCS
Eligibility criteria: 5 + 1 yr ILR
Language criteria met: LIUK test plus UK Degree Certificate
Nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS - Hamilton
Date of application: 30/03/2016
Payment method: Credit Card
Date money gone off account: 22/04/2016
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 25/04/2016 dated 22/04/2016
Biometrics done: 25/04/2016
HO Requested for Original Documents: for Passports both Old & New letter dated on 15/06/2016
Original Documents letter received : 17/06/2016 with deadline for submission by 29th June 2016
Original Documents : delivered to HO by royal mail on 20/06/2016 ( only passports)

Not sure why they requested for the passports..i am just assuming it may be because i got a new passport after my ILR but i am 100% sure that NCS has submitted photocopies of both the passports to HO.

The Letter stated
Dear xxx
I refer to your application for BC. Before we can proceed further please send all of the following original docs to this office by 29 June 2016.

Your Passport xxxxx
Your Passport xxxxx

The documents are required in order to demonstrate to the secretary of state that you satisfy the requirements for naturalisation. Consequently, failure to send these documents/information by given date will result in the application being refused.

some info about royal mail and some additional info...

concluded with;
Please note that should your application for British Citizenship be successful your certificate of british citizenship will show following details:
Name: xxxx
Name at birth if different: xxxxx
DOB: xxxx
Place of Birth: xxxxx

If these details are incorrect, please inform enclosing correct evidence of the documentary evidence of the correct details.

I was looking through forums but haven't seen any case like this in this year. If any one reading this have gone through the same could you please give your timelines. Me and My Friend has applied together and he got his approval but i was asked to submit my originals...Hopefully i will get to hear them from soon. i will update with any further updates.
Many Thanks...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:50 pm

track4t1 wrote:Hi,

Just checking if any one has been requested for Original Passports in spite of attending NCS
Eligibility criteria: 5 + 1 yr ILR
Language criteria met: LIUK test plus UK Degree Certificate
Nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS - Hamilton
Date of application: 30/03/2016
Payment method: Credit Card
Date money gone off account: 22/04/2016
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 25/04/2016 dated 22/04/2016
Biometrics done: 25/04/2016
HO Requested for Original Documents: for Passports both Old & New letter dated on 15/06/2016
Original Documents letter received : 17/06/2016 with deadline for submission by 29th June 2016
Original Documents : delivered to HO by royal mail on 20/06/2016 ( only passports)

Not sure why they requested for the passports..i am just assuming it may be because i got a new passport after my ILR but i am 100% sure that NCS has submitted photocopies of both the passports to HO.

The Letter stated
Dear xxx
I refer to your application for BC. Before we can proceed further please send all of the following original docs to this office by 29 June 2016.

Your Passport xxxxx
Your Passport xxxxx

The documents are required in order to demonstrate to the secretary of state that you satisfy the requirements for naturalisation. Consequently, failure to send these documents/information by given date will result in the application being refused.

some info about royal mail and some additional info...

concluded with;
Please note that should your application for British Citizenship be successful your certificate of british citizenship will show following details:
Name: xxxx
Name at birth if different: xxxxx
DOB: xxxx
Place of Birth: xxxxx

If these details are incorrect, please inform enclosing correct evidence of the documentary evidence of the correct details.

I was looking through forums but haven't seen any case like this in this year. If any one reading this have gone through the same could you please give your timelines. Me and My Friend has applied together and he got his approval but i was asked to submit my originals...Hopefully i will get to hear them from soon. i will update with any further updates.
Many Thanks...
Yes, other members have been asked to submit the original documents/passports after using NCS. It is either NCS made bad copies or HO want to check your entry/exist stamps etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Noemi1918
Newly Registered

Post by Noemi1918 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:59 pm

Hi All,

Just filling in the Naturalisation form, and have a few questions - hopefully someone can enlighten me...

1) If I have a Master's from a UK university (whch has been taught in English), I DON'T need anything else, right? No NARIC letter, no uni letter; just my degree?

2) The Guide AN states that 'you must provide details of all your National Insurance contributions made...' Yet in the form, they just ask for your tax office reference. Do you actually have to provide paperwork? Some of my former employers have folded and most certainly couldn't give me a confirmation letter, and I don't have any P60s (or can I get copies of these from the tax office??).

3) Referees: do they both have to be British citizens? My minister is American...

4) The recording of your biometric details happens AFTER the sending of the application form, yes?

Sorry for the many questions, but the guide and booklet is not overly helpful in every single instance, sadly.

Many thanks,

Noemi

malik15

Post by malik15 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:22 pm

Any update - I'm waiting since August

binedada
Newly Registered

Post by binedada » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:09 am

Noemi1918 wrote:Hi All,

Just filling in the Naturalisation form, and have a few questions - hopefully someone can enlighten me...

1) If I have a Master's from a UK university (whch has been taught in English), I DON'T need anything else, right? No NARIC letter, no uni letter; just my degree? Correct

2) The Guide AN states that 'you must provide details of all your National Insurance contributions made...' Yet in the form, they just ask for your tax office reference. Do you actually have to provide paperwork? Some of my former employers have folded and most certainly couldn't give me a confirmation letter, and I don't have any P60s (or can I get copies of these from the tax office??). Tax reference will be in your payslip - just use the current one. you need to list all the employment in employment history section which will reflect the NI contributions

3) Referees: do they both have to be British citizens? My minister is American... One has to be British other can be any nationality as long as they meet the requirement

4) The recording of your biometric details happens AFTER the sending of the application form, yes? Yes, you will be invited for biometric enrollment

Sorry for the many questions, but the guide and booklet is not overly helpful in every single instance, sadly.

Many thanks,

Noemi

secretmsg
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by secretmsg » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:04 pm

Hiya..

Can anyone confirm how is british passport sent by ? DX or royal mail?

Thanks

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:16 pm

secretmsg wrote:Hiya..

Can anyone confirm how is british passport sent by ? DX or royal mail?

Thanks
Depends on where you live. Mine arrived through the letterbox!

puneetdwd

Post by puneetdwd » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:36 pm

Hi Everyone,
I have few questions while filling the new AN form for Naturalisation. I have ILR since April 2015 (thru Tier 1). Below are few questions on form where I need someone to guide me :-

Q (1 ) Sec 1.49 Address of tax office or tax office reference
I it HMRC address? Or what? I just moved from Permanent job to Self employment last year Sept.
I don't have a PAYE code or Self Assessment Statements of Account or UTR - Is it Mandatory?

Q (2) Sec 5 Referees and Identity
Do the Referees need to sign the photos as well? I don't see anything on Guide but people who applied last year did got signed on photo.
My 2 referees are director of limited company, hopes that ok?

Q (3) Section 6 Biometric Enrolment.
I do have a ILR Biometric and filled the details from 6.1 till 6.6.
I don’t want to submit it as I need to travel and I am going thru NCS (Nationality checking services) In 6.7 BRP enclosed I ticked ‘NO’ what shall I put for points 6.7 & 6.12 onwards of not enclosed then please state the location of BRP ?

Please let me know the answers I will be grateful to you all.
Kind Regards
P