ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA (PR) Proof for contactors/directors of Ltd co.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BlueSky28
Newly Registered

EEA (PR) Proof for contactors/directors of Ltd co.

Post by BlueSky28 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:42 pm

Hi All

I am in the process of applying for a permanent residency card and I confused with how I should complete the employment section.

I am the sole director of a limited company and I am employee of the company. Most of the forum comments I have read suggest that this would make me employed and not self-employed. Ok so now I have overcome this hurdle what documents do I provide the HO?

For employed people you are asked for:
- Letter of employer - Doesn't seem right for me to just sign this myself for myself.
- wage slips
- P60s

This seems too simple and doesn't seem to really illustrate my position.

Should I also be supplying print outs of my self assessments, tax calculations from HMRC, personal and company bank statements showing income being paid, payslips, dividend vouchers, certificate of incorporation, company tax returns and AR01 annual return?

Not sure if I am over complicating things but the employer evidence does not seem to be appropriate given my circumstances. It seems to me that contractors fall through the cracks and the application guide doesn't quite cater for us.

A response would be greatly appreciated.

Very stressed at the moment!

noajthan

Re: EEA (PR) Proof for contactors/directors of Ltd co.

Post by noajthan » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:20 pm

You need to show you have been exercising treaty rights as a worker or self-emploted or confirmation of PR will fail.

Gather and submit any/all documentary supporting evidence to support such a case as one or other category of qualified person.

Ref https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

BlueSky28
Newly Registered

Post by BlueSky28 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:18 pm

Thanks for this.

I have tonnes of evidence from annual returns to company statements etc and I was hoping to narrow down the amount of information that might be required.

I don't want to flood the HO with evidence but I also don't want to give them too little.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:11 pm

BlueSky28 wrote:Thanks for this.

I have tonnes of evidence from annual returns to company statements etc and I was hoping to narrow down the amount of information that might be required.

I don't want to flood the HO with evidence but I also don't want to give them too little.
Indeed.
So follow the guidance linked above.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Goreny
Newly Registered

Post by Goreny » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:09 pm

BlueSky28 wrote:Hi All

I am in the process of applying for a permanent residency card and I confused with how I should complete the employment section.

I am the sole director of a limited company and I am employee of the company. Most of the forum comments I have read suggest that this would make me employed and not self-employed. Ok so now I have overcome this hurdle what documents do I provide the HO?

For employed people you are asked for:
- Letter of employer - Doesn't seem right for me to just sign this myself for myself.
- wage slips
- P60s

This seems too simple and doesn't seem to really illustrate my position.

Should I also be supplying print outs of my self assessments, tax calculations from HMRC, personal and company bank statements showing income being paid, payslips, dividend vouchers, certificate of incorporation, company tax returns and AR01 annual return?

Not sure if I am over complicating things but the employer evidence does not seem to be appropriate given my circumstances. It seems to me that contractors fall through the cracks and the application guide doesn't quite cater for us.

A response would be greatly appreciated.

Very stressed at the moment!
Hi mate. I'm in the same situation: for a period of 6 months I was just Company Director. Then I got employed to my own company. Did you managed to convince them and grab the p. residency? Please keep me updated. Thanks

chrishan
Newly Registered

Post by chrishan » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:42 am

@BlueSky28 @Goreny
Hi - I'm in the very same position myself, I'm wondering if either of you managed to get a more specific answer?
If so I'd appreciate if you could share your findings.